What is a public calendar?
Anyone can search and subscribe to public calendars. You can see all event details after subscribing.
You can create multiple public calendars to share information conveniently.
Create a public calendar
1. Click the + icon on the calendar sidebar, and select New calendar.
2. Name the public calendar and change Permissions to Public. Anyone can then search the calendar and view event details.
3. Click Confirm in the pop-up window after setting the calendar permission to Public.
4. Click Save. The public calendar will appear on the calendar sidebar, under My calendars.
Create an event in a public calendar
If you have multiple calendars shared publicly, make sure to pick the right one when creating an event.
Click + in the bottom right corner.
Choose the target public calendar.
Add other event details.
Click on the blank space to create an event
Add event details.
Select the target public calendar.
Add calendar sharing members
Hover over the target public calendar, select and click Calendar settings.
Add calendar sharing members. Here you can add contacts or groups.
Separate permissions can be granted to different members:
- Owner: Manage calendar and sharing
- Writer: Make changes to events
- Reader: See all event details
- Freebusy Reader: See availability of members
Members' permissions are determined by their levels, as listed under Calendar settings - Sharing members.
Freebusy readers of public calendars can view all event details as well.
Click Save. Newly added members will receive notifications.
Share calendar with selected users
If you only need to share your calendar with selected users, don't set the calendar permission to Public. You can add users or groups below in Sharing members.
👏 Congratulations! You now know how to create and manage public calendars.
💗 If you want to know more about Calendar, click here.
💗 If this article doesn't answer your questions, you can go to Profile photo - Contact Support and talk to our human agents.