Welcome to Lark! This is a beginner's guide to using Lark Docs.
This article describes the features of Lark Docs, allowing you to easily start the efficient teamwork.
Lark Docs integrates online documents, sheets, and other authoring tools, providing secure and powerful cloud storage and content management capabilities to ensure the permissions security of docs, sheets and files. Docs owners can flexibly configure document permissions to view, edit, comment, share, etc., making team collaboration both efficient and secure.
Whether it is writing a plan, a report, a meeting minutes, a training plan, or organizing a project, collecting data, managing OKR, and even more daily work, you can perfectly cooperate with the team through Lark authoring tools.
Lark Docs is an online office collaboration tool that allows multiple people to edit together.
- •Support shortcuts and Markdown syntax for efficient document creation and editing.
- •Insert multimedia content and tools including pictures, videos, and maps easily.
- •Insert other sheets, docs, To-do lists and more flexibly.
- •Comment, vote and like in the doc for convenient communication and interaction.
- •Save all the content in real time in the cloud, with historical records viewable and restorable.
Lark Sheets is a collaboration tool that enables you to work with the team to collect and analyze data, manage project, budget, OKR and other system work.
- •Have complete data editing and presentation capabilities.
- •Import third-party data flexibly and convert with Excel with one-click.
- •Real-time edit, comment, and insert pictures or other docs to enhance data expression.
- •Can be inserted into Lark docs to enhance sharing and collaboration
II. Cloud Storage
🔑 Click Docs at the left side of Lark desktop app to enter Lark Docs. Get Started with your first step in using Lark Docs!
1. Upload files
In the Lark Docs, click Upload and select the file to upload to complete the file upload. Lark Docs also supports online preview of files in multiple formats. You can click to view preview details without downloading.
Note: Lark Docs supports uploading files in multiple formats. The maximum upload size for a single file is 10GB. After being uploaded, the file will appear in My Space and Recent. You can directly search for the file you uploaded.
2. Import files
To import a local file to Lark Docs, click New on the homepage of Lark Docs, select Import to Online Docs, click the type of file you want to import, and select the file from the local folder.
III. Online creation
Lark Docs is a modern, efficient, and easy-to-use online collaborative authoring tool with powerful collaboration capabilities.
1. Create, move and delete
In the web version of Lark Docs, click New, select New Docs/ New Sheets / New from Templates to create an online document. Click New Folder to quickly create a folder.
- •Move one file: Enter the document, click the … button in the upper right corner and choose Add to folder, or click Add to in the upper left corner of the document, and select the position to move.
- •Move multiple files: In the file lists in My Space, Shared Space, Trash or a single folder, move the cursor to the files to be transferred, then a check box will appear on the left. Click to check all the files you want to transfer, and click Add to folder to the destination folder.
- •Delete one file: Enter the document, the … button in the upper right corner and choose Delete, and click Confirm to delete the file.
- •Delete multiple files: In the file lists in My Space, Shared Space or a single folder, move the cursor to the files to be deleted, then a check box will appear on the left. Click to check all the files you want to transfer, and click Delete.
2. Real-time collaboration
Lark Docs allows multiple people to view, edit, and comment on the same document online in real time.
- •Share documents to Lark contacts or groups, and set the corresponding permissions (editable / viewable / commentable / shareable, etc.), so that multiple people can edit the same document online in real time. For details of sharing and permissions, see "Share Documents" below.
- •Profile pictures of people online are displayed in the upper right corner of the document page, and their names in different colors appear in the editing area, indicating who is editing in the current area.
The maximum number of people editing documents online at the same time is 50. eople can view a document online together.
2.1 @ Mention others or insert files
- •You can send Lark notifications to others by entering @ Username in the body or comments of docs and sheets, reminding them to view the docs or comments; Enter @ Lark Group Name to insert a group card, and one can click on the card to join the group.
- •Enter @ Document name in the text or comments of docs and sheets to generate a link to the corresponding document, and one can click the link to visit the document page.
2.2 Comment, Reply to and Like
You can comment on, reply to and like the document and content. Collaborators can deepen their understanding by browsing the comments.
- •Comment: Select the content in the document to post a comment, which will be displayed in the blank space on the right; In the input box at the bottom of the page, you can enter a full-text comment. The owner of the document will be notified in Lark.
- •Reply: Click the comment to reply, the document owner and all participants of the comment will be notified in Lark.
- •Like: For a document you like, click the Like button at the bottom of the page. The owner of the document will be notified in Lark.
You can comment in Sheets to post personal views or make notes on the content. In the table, use the mouse to locate the cell you want to comment on, and click the comment button on the toolbar.
Comment in the comment box and click Post. Other collaborators will receive notifications in Lark afterwards.
3. Edit Docs
3.1 Set text style
You can use the floating toolbar to add, cut and change the selected content and paragraph, as well as add blocks including lists, tables, pictures, multimedia files, third-party web pages and others to your document.
- •Click anywhere in the document, the toolbar will appear at the left of the cursor. Move the cursor to the toolbar, a drop-down tool menu will appear. You can set Heading 1, 2 or 3, text alignment, numbered / bulleted list, divider, quote and code block.
- •Select content in the document, a floating toolbar will appear above your selection, and you can adjust the color, set it bold, italic or underline and set other styles.
3.2 Insert files
In the document editing page, click the + Add below in the floating toolbar and select File to choose the file to upload, so that you can insert the file into the online document. Lark Docs supports three file views: Inline view, Card view and Preview view. You can also choose the appropriate file view for the inserted file to make the document concise and clear at a glance.
3.3 Insert Tables and multimedia
In your document, use the + Add below in the floating toolbar to insert Tables, Sheets, and other multimedia files, including pictures, videos, maps, links and more to enrich your document content.
If you want to add and delete table rows or columns, click the border line of the corresponding row and column, then the delete button and add button will appear so that you can click to delete or add.
3.4 Insert To-do lists and polls
Click the + Add below in the floating toolbar or use Markdown syntax to insert a To-do list, then you can mark the task status. You can also @ someone as a task owner and set a deadline. When the task expires, the document will automatically send a reminder to the task owner.
Lark Docs also enables you to create single choice polls or multiple choice polls, and displays anonymous voting results in real time, providing more reference for your solution.
4. Edit Sheets
4.1 Create Dropdowns
Create dropdowns to avoid input errors and to display the labels of options concisely and clearly.
- •In the sheet, select one or more cells, click the Dropdown button, enter the options and click Confirm to create a dropdown. Click + Add an option to add more options to the dropdown.
- •Click Remove Dropdown to delete it.
- •Turn on the Option color switch to set different colors for the options, so that they can be easily distinguished. In addition, you can change the option color to any color you want by clicking the color arrow at the left of the option.
4.2 Add and edit charts
To add a chart in a sheet, select the data area where you want to generate the chart, and click the Insert chart button at the upper right corner.
Lark Sheets has a variety of charts to use. You can select the type of chart you need in the chart editor on the right. In addition, you can edit or modify the chart title, stacking settings, X-Y axis switching, data range and more.
4.3 Insert pictures
- •Select the cell, click the Image button at the top toolbar, select the picture to upload, or copy and paste the picture to insert the picture into the cell.
- •You can resize the picture by adjusting the cell width. Click the enlarge button or double-click the cell to see the larger image.
4.4 Filter data
Using the filtering function, you can choose to view only part of the data and hide others. Currently, filtering is only available on the desktop.
- •Select the data area you want to filter and click the Filter button in the toolbar to add a filter.
- •You can filter by multiple conditions, such as judging conditions, values, or select values and search.
- •Click the Filter button again to remove the filter.
4.5 Use functions
In Lark Sheets, you can use a variety of functions to compute. Simply by inserting = and the formula to call the function you want to use in the cell, you can quickly calculate the data. A function help panel will appear to show the definition and syntax of functions.
4.6 Set data format
Select a cell in the sheet and click the Format button in the toolbar to set the format for numbers in the cell, such as currency, percentage, decimal, date, time and other formats.
4.7 Set text wrapping
When there is a lot of text in the cell, you can select Text wrapping in the toolbar and switch the appropriate text display mode as needed. Lark Sheets currently supports three ways to change the line:
- •Wrap: Display all text in the cell, and automatically wrap based on the column width of the cell.
- •Overflow: Text will overflow cell column width to display without line break.
- •Clip: Truncate the text that overflows the column, showing only when clicking the cell.
4.8 Freeze Rows and Columns
To keep one area of the table visible while scrolling, you can use Freeze to lock specific rows and columns. Select the rows / columns that you need to frozen, click Freeze in the toolbar, and select freeze rows and columns to lock specific rows / columns.
5. Share documents
- •Click Share in the upper right corner of the document to directly invite users / groups to collaborate, and the Docs Assistant will send a Lark notification (You can unchecked the checkbox to choose not to send the notification).
- •Send document links to users / groups in Lark, and the system will automatically enable default access for them.Send document links to users / groups in Lark, and the system will automatically enable default access for them.
- •When adding documents to a shared folder, you enables sharing permissions for all members of the shared folder.
IV. More questions
Click the ? button on the lower right corner of the document page to find help in the help center or contact customer service.