Search allows you to quickly find contacts, messages, groups, documents, apps, events, or other information. You can make a global search in quick search, or search for historical messages, events, emails, and more in specific modules such as Messages, Docs, or Email.
💻 Search on Lark desktop
Searching by category enables you to find specific type of content more precisely. When you make a search in the Messages category, you can see the context of each message in the chat to determine whether the message is what you need.
- •Click the search bar and select the content type under the input box, such as Messages.
- •Enter a keyword and the search results containing that keyword will be displayed.
- •Click a message in the search result list, and a preview of the message context will be displayed.
- •You can click Open the chat in the preview pane to go to the chat.
- •To quickly switch the search category on the desktop, use the shortcut Option + Command + Left/Right on a Mac or Alt + Left/Right on Windows.
You can customize settings and order the categories in the search bar:
- •Click More > Settings to go to the search category settings page. There, you can drag and drop categories in My Categories to reorder them, or select new categories from More Categories.
- •A company can connect an internal app (such as the company OA app) to the search function to allow employees to easily search for information in the app from the search bar. To do this, contact customer service or talk to the Customer Success team.
You can set filters for Messages, Docs, Email, Events, Groups to find exactly what you need.
- •Click in the search bar and select the Docs, for example.
- •Click Filters in the upper-right corner to open the filter options page.
- •Set the document owner, chat, type, last time viewed and other filtering conditions.
Note: You can follow a similar procedure to set filters for Messages and Event searches.
You can also search for a historical messages by category within a chat.
- •Open a chat on Lark desktop and click Search in the right sidebar of the chat window.
- •Enter a keyword and select Messages, Docs, Files, Photos, or Links as the category.
📱 Search on Lark mobile app
Click the Search box at the top to search for messages, Docs, groups, apps, events, and more.
- •Search for keywords and the system will return the best results for you. The top three results are displayed in the You may look for area.
- •You can Search by type and choose the Messages, Docs, Wiki, Groups, Help Desk, Apps, or Events tabs to narrow down your search. Results are displayed in descending order according to how well they match your keywords. You can click See more to view more results.
- •Click a search result to see your keywords located in a specific chat, document, etc.
- •If you're unsatisfied with the order of search results, you can click Send Feedback in the lower-right corner of the search page.
- •Your feedback will help us improve Feishu search products to provide customers with a better experience.