The Lark Rooms Admin integrates resource configurations, reservation management, and data statistics in one place. It achieves centralized and refined management of meeting room resources, improves room utilization rate, and creates a convenient reservation and management experience.
- •Unified configuration, flexible management: Lark Rooms Admin centralizes the management of all meeting room resources. The admin can add, edit, and delete meeting rooms in batches or perform actions on individual meeting rooms.
- •Multiple reservation rules maximize meeting room utilization: The admin can set available times and ranges for meeting rooms to optimize their use. For special meeting rooms, the admin can also set approval processes or disable meeting rooms.
- 1.Add, edit, or delete meeting rooms
Adding meeting rooms: The admin can add company meeting rooms, individually or in batches in Lark Admin. Once set, employees can reserve meeting rooms via Lark Calendar.
Editing meeting room info: The admin can set meeting room names, countries/regions, capacities, and facilities (TVs, check-in sheets, projectors) to facilitate filtering meeting rooms.
Deleting meeting rooms: If an offline meeting room has been discarded or is no longer in use, the admin can delete that meeting room, and employees won't be able to view it.
- 2.Set meeting room approval
You can set approval processes for the rooms serving special purposes in Lark Admin. When an employee needs to use these meeting rooms, they need to initiate an approval application on Calendar. Once approved, they can then reserve and use it.
The admin can set the when reservations can be made, how long a reservation can last, and how far in advance reservations can be made options to optimize the use of meeting rooms.
Once set, members can view the reservation time restrictions for a meeting room when adding or selecting one. Reservations won't be made if they don't meet the requirements.
The admin can enable reservation privileges for certain members or departments by setting a reservation scope in some meeting rooms.
Once set, only members that have reservation privileges can search for and reserve the meeting room in Calendar. Everyone else won't be able to search for or view these meeting rooms.
When a meeting room requires maintenance, the admin can disable the meeting room and set time period, reason, and contacts. They can also choose to send notifications to any members that have already reserved the meeting room.
Once set, team members can't view, search, or reserve the meeting room during the period set by the admin. Members that have reserved the meeting room will receive a notice of cancellation.
Note: This feature is being internally tested. If you need to use it, please contact the Lark account manager your team to apply for access.
III. Advanced capabilities
- 1.Configure meeting room QR code check-in
- •To facilitate meeting room check-in, administrators can activate the meeting room check-in feature and generate room check-in QR codes for rooms. Then, they can print out the QR codes and post them outside the respective meeting rooms.
- •Members can scan the QR code to check in. If no one checks in for a scheduled event, the meeting room will be released. Members can also scan the QR code to view the room’s availability and reserve it if it's available.
Note: This feature is in canary release stage. The QR code check-in feature and the meeting room reclaiming feature can't be activated at the same time.
For more information, see .
- 2.Configure meeting room reclaiming
- •To improve the efficiency of meeting room usage, administrators can set reclaiming rules for meeting rooms. Then, if participants don’t arrive for a scheduled meeting, the meeting room will be released and can be reserved by others.
Note: The meeting room reclaiming feature and the QR code check-in feature can't be activated at the same time.
For more information, see Operations Guide > .
- 3.Export meeting room data
- •On Admin, administrators can export room-related data. This data provides statistics on meeting room usage, which can serve as a reference for improving the meeting room reservation and usage efficiency.
- •Exportable data includes room IDs, names, capacities, statuses, and other basic information. It also includes reservation information such as the names of reserved rooms, members who reserved the rooms, number of participants invited, meeting names, and times.
For more information, see .
Meeting room API
Lark Rooms Admin supports APIs, which seamlessly connect to the company's management system, helping administrators complete data exchanges between Lark and internal systems.
To learn more, please go to Lark Open Platform > Service End API > Meeting Rooms.
Operational and promotional skills
Once meeting rooms are configured in Lark Admin, the administrator can inform employees via announcement and functional materials to help them get started using Lark Rooms.
Employee announcements: The administrator can use the following announcement templates to inform employees that Lark Rooms is enabled.
For reservation guides, see
If the administrator encounters issues while configuring or using Lark Rooms, they can visit our Help Center or resolve them through an agent or contact our Customer Success team.
- •Agent: In Lark, click your profile photo > Contact Us > Contact Support to open a chat with the Lark Assistant bot. Type a question and, if the bot is unable to answer, click Chat with agents to receive further assistance.
- •Customer Success team: You can also contact your Customer Success team to get additional help.