Inserting a table into a document can help you organize content in a more structured way. You can insert images, text and other formats into a table, such as numbered lists, bulleted lists, to-do lists, links, files, polls, and embedded third-party webpages.
Hover your mouse over the + toolbar and click Table. Select its length and width to create it.
- •Method 1: Hover your mouse over the + toolbar and select the desired action from the menu.
- •Method 2: Select the text in the cell and choose the desired action in the menu that appears on the top of the text to edit the table content.
- 3.Add or delete a row or column
- •Add a row or column: Click the + icon on the border of a cell.
- •Delete a row or column: Click the upper border of the table and click the Delete button.
- 4.Adjust the table height and width
- •Table height: The table height is adjusted based on the content length.
- •Table width: Drag the cell borders in the table to adjust its width.
- •Merge: Select the cells you want to merge and click the Merge cells button.
- •Split: Select the cell you want to split and click the Split cell button.
- 6.Cut, copy, or delete a table
- •Hover your mouse over the = toolbar in the upper-left corner and select Cut, Copy, or Delete.
Open a document, tap on the edit button in the lower-right corner. In the action bar, tap on the + icon > Table to create a table of default size.
- 2.Insert or delete a row or a column
Insert a row: Tap the left border of a row, select Insert Row, and select Insert Above or Insert Below accordingly.
Delete a row: Tap the left border of the row you want to delete, and select Delete Row.
Insert a column: Tap the top border of a column, select Insert Column, and select Insert Left or Insert Right accordingly.
Delete a column: Tap the top border of the column you want to delete, and select Delete Column.
Row height: The height of each row is adjusted automatically to accommodate its content.
Column width: Drag the || icon on the right side of a column header to adjust the column width.
- 4.Cut, copy or delete a table
Slide the table leftward. In the pop-up action bar, select Cut, Copy or Delete accordingly.
Q: What's the difference between a table and a sheet?
A: You can insert both a table and a sheet in a document. Here are the differences:
- •Table: It focuses on the edits and the layout of images and text, organizing your content in a more structured way.
- •Sheet: It focuses on data processing. Like in an Excel file, you can sort and filter data and make calculations using functions and formulas.
Q: How can I insert a Bitable in a document?
A: Hover your mouse over the + toolbar on the left side and select to insert Bitable - Grid or Kanban.
Note: Click here to learn how to edit a Bitable in Docs.