What is Zendesk Connector?
The Zendesk Connector is a handy tool developed by the Lark team. It can help you track, manage, and respond to your Zendesk tickets in real time, without leaving Lark.
To properly use the Zendesk Connector, make sure your organization already has a Zendesk account.
Install Zendesk Connector
Go to Lark App Directory and search for Zendesk Connector. Click Get and follow the on-screen prompts to install the app for your team.
After the installation, click the Configure button on the pop up window to visit Admin console for app setup.
- 1.By clicking Configure in the previous step, you will be directly redirected to the Admin page to activate the app.
Note: You can also do it later from Lark's Admin console Workplace > App List > Zendesk Connector configuration page.
- 2.Enable the app and configure its range of availability.
- 3.In Settings section at the bottom, click Go Now to jump to Zendesk Admin for configuration.
Configure the app
Only Zendesk enterprise administrators have configuration permissions.
- 1.After clicking Go now from the previous step, you should have already landed on the Zendesk Admin page. Alternatively you can always go to App List and open Zendesk's page to find the entry point later on.
- 2.In Zendesk Admin, enter your Zendesk account, , and domain.
- 3.Click Confirm (blue button) to complete the configuration.
Login (on mobile)
1. Please use Lark mobile app to log in. Find Zendesk Connector in Lark's Workplace and open it.
2. Click Continue with Zendesk to sign in.
3. Once you have logged in, you will be able to view your tickets.
Update your tickets
Note: You can only update your tickets in Lark on your mobile device.
From there, you can view or update your tickets within Zendesk Connector.
Set up notifications
Zendesk Connector can send you notifications whenever there are updates to your tickets. In Settings, you can choose whether you want to receive notifications on:
- •Tickets assigned to my groups
- •New conversations added to my tickets
Respond to tickets in Lark
When you receive notifications in Lark, you can quickly respond to tickets in the following format:
For example: #9 Please log in to view the document
Zendesk Connector will notify you when your reply is synced to the Zendesk system.
When configuring Zendesk Connector in Zendesk Admin, I received this error message:
User Name/API Token/Domain combination was incorrect.
Make sure that:
- 1.You have a Zendesk account. If not, you can create one at the Zendesk website.
- 2.You are a Zendesk enterprise administrator. If you're not sure, you can check at the Zendesk website by going to Admin Manage
- 3.You entered your account, API token, and domain correctly.