Lark provides professional and intelligent attendance management ability for enterprises. Let’s follow the steps below to configure and use the Attendance App. Discover an easy and efficient way to manage your company's attendance!
📌 Configure Attendance app
Administrators can configure the attendance management authority, set the attendance rules, view and export the attendance data in Attendance Admin on PC.
Note: On mobile phone, administrators can only view the attendance data.
- 1.Enable the Attendance app
1.1 Go to Attendance Admin
- •Step 1: Click on your profile picture on the top left corner of the Lark Desktop app to access Lark .
- •Step 2: Find the Attendance app on the App List page, and click on the Attendance app to open .
Note: It is recommended to save the link of Attendance Admin in the browser for directly opening next time.
1.2 Set usable range for Attendance app (if required)
After you enable the Attendance app, all employees in the team can use the app by default. If you only want to allow some employees to use it, you can edit the Availability of the app by clicking on the Attendance app on the App Listpage in Lark Admin.
Note: If you see "You don't have the permission to use this app." when accessing the Attendance Admin, it is because you didn't enable the Availability of the app. You can follow this step to enable it.
- 2.Configure management permission
You can flexibly configure the attendance management roles to improve management efficiency, especially when the team is large.
There are 4 roles in attendance:
Set usage range
Add/Delete attendance administrators
Create/Modify attendance rules
View/Export attendance data
Adjust attendance shifts
Lark Admin - Administrator permission
Lark Admin - Administrator permission
Attendance Admin - Administrator permission
Attendance group owner
Attendance Admin - Attendance group settings - Create/Modify attendance groups
- 1.Enterprise administrators and attendance administrators can be configured in Lark Admin. Attendance managers and attendance group owners can be configured in Attendance Admin. The management permission can be found in the table above.
- 2.Attendance managers and attendance group owners can only view the attendance groups they create or the groups they are in charge of.
- 3.Set attendance rules
You can set attendance rules according to your team situations in Attendance Admin, including setting attendance shifts, setting attendance groups.
3.1 Set attendance shifts
Go to the Shift Settings page in Attendance Admin, the attendance system has created a "9:00 clock in/18:00 clock out" fixed shift by default. You can use it directly.
- •Times of Clock-in/out: You can allow the employees to clock in/out up to 3 times daily.
- •Flextime: You can allow the employees to clock in/out flexibly. For instance, if you set 9:00 as the clock-in time and one hour as the flexible time, then the employees are allowed to be late for 1 hour. Employees only need to make up the working hours after work as long as their working hours meet the requirement.
- •Break Time: You can set the break time. It will not be counted as working time.
- •Clock Out is Non-required: If you turn on this function, employees don't need to manually clock out. The system will automatically clock out regardless of whether employees are within the specified location range. It won't record any location or network information and won't create any uncommon records.
- •Leave Late and Arrive Late: You can allow if the employees leave a few hours late, they can arrive a few hours late equally. It will not be counted as late in.
3.2 Set attendance groups
You can create new attendance groups, or view and modify existing attendance groups on the Group Settings page in Attendance Admin. Group Settings mainly includes 4 parts: basic info, attendance shifts, attendance methods, and more settings.
Fill in basic info
Fill in the name of the attendance group, add attendance group owner, select departments or members that require attendance, and set the group time zone.
- 1.Once created, the time zone of the attendance group can't be changed.
- 2.The system will automatically record attendance if the employee joins the attendance group after the set attendance time, so as not to affect the salary.
- 3.If an employee joins more than one attendance group, the employee will record attendance according to the new rules.
- 4.For the attendance group members added by department:
- •Existing and new employees will automatically join the attendance group.
- •If some employees in the department are set separately (for example, one employee isn't required to record attendance or joins other attendance groups), the employee can record attendance separately (that is following the rule: staff > department). It won't affect other employees and new employees in the department to record attendance.
- •If it's a multi-level department and each level is added into different attendance groups, employees can record attendance by the minimum department/minimum attendance group: for example, department A (joins the attendance group I) > sub-department B (joins the attendance group II). Employees of sub-department B need to record attendance according to the rules of group II.
Set shifts for attendance group
You can create attendance shifts for your attendance group. There are 3 shift types:
- 1.Fixed Shift: Employees of the attendance group are assigned with fixed clock-in/out time each day.
- •Shift Settings: The working hours of Fixed Shift is from 09:00 to 18:00 on workdays by default. You can click Change to select the existing shifts.
- •Public Holidays Settings: The attendance system has preset many countries' public holidays. You can enable automatically arrange your schedule setting according to your group's country. You can also disable the setting, then the system won't automatically arrange your schedule.
- •Special Days Settings: You can allow employees to clock in/out on special days by adding required clock-in/out dates or non-required clock-in/out dates.
- 2.Scheduled Shift: Employees of the attendance group can be assigned with individual clock-in/out times. You can select Scheduled Shift on this page. When you complete other settings, you can click Save and go to the Schedule Management page. 👉
- 3.Free Shift: Employees of the attendance group can clock in/out anytime during the shift.
Note: Once you created an attendance group, you cannot modify the shift type of that group.
Select attendance methods
You can select attendance methods for your attendance group. There are 3 types of methods:
- 1.By GPS: Employees must arrive at a valid range of the specified location to clock in/out. 👉
- 2.By Wi-Fi: Employees must connect to the company's Wi-Fi to clock in/out. 👉
- 3.By Machine: Employees clock in/out with the recognition methods supported by the Attendance Machine, such as fingerprint, badge, etc. 👉
- 1.You can select multiple attendance methods, then employees of the attendance group can use either method to clock in/out.
- 2.If you don't select any attendance methods, then employees of the attendance group can clock in/out at any location or in any network environment.
You can also flexibly set more rules for your attendance group.
- •Offsite Attendance: If employees need to work at home or other locations, you can allow them to clock in/out offsite. The attendance system will automatically record the employees' location information (Note: If you don't enable this function, normally the employees can't offsite clock in/out. But when employees' requests for out of office or business trips are approved, the employees can offsite clock in/out during their stay outside or business trips). 👉
- •Correction settings: Determine whether to allow employees to correct their attendances and restrict the correction time, frequency, and period. 👉
- •Clock in/out on Desktop App: You can select if you allow employees to clock in/out on the Lark desktop app. Lark desktop app only supports Wi-Fi to clock in/out, and the employees' computers need to connect the company's Wi-Fi.
- •Report Settings: You can select if allow members to check their total overtime hours and total working hours.
- 4.View and export attendance data
You can view the attendance data and statistics on the Lark desktop app and mobile app, and export attendance data on the Lark desktop app.
4.1 Desktop app
You can also check the required fields to customize the report content, and click the Export Report button on the top right corner so that you can download the attendance data to your local archive.
4.2 Mobile app
Open your Lark mobile app. Open the Attendance app from Workplace and go to the Report page.
You can change to Department report or Group report on the top left corner, and view the attendance statistics and the ranking list by day, by week or by month.
- 1.Department heads can view department statistics (corresponding to the organization structure of Lark Admin).
- 2.Attendance managers and attendance group owners can view attendance group statistics.
- 5.Access to API (if required)
The Attendance app provides an open API. You can get the attendance results, attendance group info, attendance shift info and other data by API, and further improve the company's attendance management with other systems. 👉
📌 Configure Approval app
The relevant functions and data in Lark Approval and Attendance app are interlinked. The requests for leave, overtime, business trip and out-of-office submitted by employees will be auto-synced to their attendance. Working hours, leave balance, and overtime duration will also be auto-calculated. Now, let us get you through the guidelines of Approval!
From , administrators can do leave management, overtime management, and the creation and modification of the approval process.
- 1.Leave management
On Leave Management page, you can set leave type and manage employee's leave balance.
1.1 Set leave type
Click Add Type or edit existing leaves, you can create or edit leave types, including annual leave, personal leave, sick leave, etc. You can also manage the minimum unit, calculation method, limit, and assign method.
1.2 Manage leave balance
Click Leave Balance, you can manage the different types of leave balance for employees. You can edit specific employee's leave balance search by leave type, department, user. Also, you can export or import leave balance.
- 1.The limited/unlimited setting will affect the employee's leave balance. If the limited leave is added or modified, the employee's holiday balance will be recalculated according to the new rules.
- 2.To delete a leave type, you should first disable it. When disabled, approvals related to this leave type will also be deleted.
- 2.Overtime management
On Overtime Management page, you can set overtime rules, and view employee's overtime details.
2.1 Set overtime rule
Click Add a New Rule or Edit existing rules, you can flexibly set overtime rule‘s applied arrange, calculation method, and duration conversion. You can also set different overtime rules for working days, non-working days, and holidays.
2.2 View overtime details
Click Overtime Details, you can view the employee's overtime data. You can filter according to the designated date, designated department, and designated person. You can also check the box before View summary, to view the total overtime data in the time period, and click the Export to download the data.
- 1.To count the overtime duration as the compensatory leave, please associate the corresponding leave (such as the compensatory leave), and set the assign method as auto-adding the overtime hours to the employee's leave balance.
- 2.If an employee is added to the attendance group, the employee's overtime data will also be synced to the attendance statistics on Attendance Admin. You can also view the overtime data from Attendance Admin.
- 3.Associate Approval with Attendance
Lark Approval provides templates for leave, overtime, business trip, out-of-office requests. You can click Edit to modify the default approval process, or click Create to select from provided templates, or create Custom Approval and add related widgets at Form Design page.
- 1.Only the system templates or widgets for leave, overtime, business trips, and out-of-office can be associated with the Attendance app.
- 2.After requests of leave, business trip, and out-of-office being approved, employees do not need to clock in during the attendance time period. the attendance data will be auto-synced to the attendance report.
- 3.Overtime approval needs to be associated with overtime rules. After association, the overtime type will be automatically determined according to the overtime rules you set, and the overtime data will also be auto-synced to the attendance report.
📌 Employees operations
Employees can open the Attendance app from Workplace or tap the Clock in/Clock out buttons in Clock-in/out Reminders sent by Attendance BOT.
In the Attendance app, employees can complete normal clock-in/out or offsite clock-in/out, make requests including Correction, Leave, Overtime, and Business Trip, etc., view their attendance data, and set if enable the Reminders/Express Attendance by themselves.
- 1.Members need to arrive at the specified location or connect to the specified Wi-Fi within the required time to clock in/out.
- 2.Express Attendance, means that employees can automatically clock in/out without manually tapping the clock-in/out buttons. Express Attendance needs to satisfy all the following 3 conditions:
- ◦Must open the Lark mobile app.
- ◦Must be within the specified attendance time range.
- ◦Must arrive in the specified attendance location range or connect to the specified Wi-Fi.
- 3.Clocking in/out on desktop app needs to satisfy the following conditions:
- ◦The Attendance app only supports Wi-Fi clock-in/out on the Lark desktop app, and the administrator needs to allow the attendance group to clock in/out on the Lark desktop app (clock in/out by GPS or by machine is not available).
- ◦Clock in/out by the Lark desktop app is only available when your computer is connected to the specified Wi-Fi (not the network cable).
- ◦Clock-in/out on the Lark desktop app is only available on Lark version 3.3.0 or above.
📌 Contact Us
The above is the configuration steps for Lark attendance management. If you have any questions, please visit, or contact us via Contact Support. We'd love to help you anytime. 😊