- 1.Enable the Attendance app
- •Step 1: Click on your profile picture on the top left corner of the Lark Desktop app to access Lark .
- •Step 2: Find the Attendance app on the App List page, and click on the Attendance app to open .
- 2.Configure management permission
Set usage range
Add/Delete attendance administrators
Create/Modify attendance rules
View/Export attendance data
Adjust attendance shifts
Lark Admin - Administrator permission
Lark Admin - Administrator permission
Attendance Admin - Administrator permission
Attendance group owner
Attendance Admin - Attendance group settings - Create/Modify attendance groups
- 1.Enterprise administrators and attendance administrators can be configured in Lark Admin. Attendance managers and attendance group owners can be configured in Attendance Admin. The management permission can be found in the table above.
- 2.Attendance managers and attendance group owners can only view the attendance groups they create or the groups they are in charge of.
- 3.Set attendance rules
- •Times of Clock-in/out: You can allow the employees to clock in/out up to 3 times daily.
- •Flextime: You can allow the employees to clock in/out flexibly. For instance, if you set 9:00 as the clock-in time and one hour as the flexible time, then the employees are allowed to be late for 1 hour. Employees only need to make up the working hours after work as long as their working hours meet the requirement.
- •Break Time: You can set the break time. It will not be counted as working time.
- •Clock Out is Non-required:
- •Leave Late and Arrive Late: You can allow if the employees leave a few hours late, they can arrive a few hours late equally. It will not be counted as late in.
- 1.If the employees are added to more than one attendance group, they will follow the attendance rules of the latest attendance group to clock in/out.
- 3.Once you created an attendance group, you cannot modify the group time zone of that group.
- 1.Fixed Shift: Employees of the attendance group are assigned with fixed clock-in/out time each day.
- •Shift Settings: The working hours of Fixed Shift is from 09:00 to 18:00 on workdays by default. You can click Change to select the existing shifts.
- •Public Holidays Settings: The attendance system has preset many countries' public holidays. You can enable automatically arrange your schedule setting according to your group's country. You can also disable the setting, then the system won't automatically arrange your schedule.
- •Special Days Settings: You can allow employees to clock in/out on special days by adding required clock-in/out dates or non-required clock-in/out dates.
- 2.Scheduled Shift: Employees of the attendance group can be assigned with individual clock-in/out times. You can select Scheduled Shift on this page. When you complete other settings, you can click Save and go to the Schedule Management page. 👉
- 3.Free Shift: Employees of the attendance group can clock in/out anytime during the shift.
- 1.By GPS: Employees must arrive at a valid range of the specified location to clock in/out. 👉
- 2.By Wi-Fi: Employees must connect to the company's Wi-Fi to clock in/out. 👉
- 3.By Machine: Employees clock in/out with the recognition methods supported by the Attendance Machine, such as fingerprint, face, badge, etc. 👉
- 1.You can select multiple attendance methods, then employees of the attendance group can use either method to clock in/out.
- 2.If you don't select any attendance methods, then employees of the attendance group can clock in/out at any location or in any network environment.
- •Offsite Attendance: If employees need to work at home or other locations, you can allow them to clock in/out offsite. The attendance system will automatically record the employees' location information
- •Correction Settings: You can select if you allow employees to request corrections. You can set the limit of correction times and the correction time.
- •Clock in/out on Desktop App: You can select if you allow employees to clock in/out on the Lark desktop app. Lark desktop app only supports Wi-Fi to clock in/out, and the employees' computers need to connect the company's Wi-Fi.
- •Report Settings: You can select if allow members to check their total overtime hours and total working hours.
- 4.View and export attendance data
- 5.Access to API (if required)
- 1.Leave management
- 1.The limited/unlimited setting will affect the employee's leave balance. If the limited leave is added or modified, the employee's holiday balance will be recalculated according to the new rules.
- 2.To delete a leave type, you should first disable it. When disabled, approvals related to this leave type will also be deleted.
- 2.Overtime management
- 1.To count the overtime duration as the compensatory leave, please associate the corresponding leave (such as the compensatory leave), and set the assign method as auto-adding the overtime hours to the employee's leave balance.
- 2.If an employee is added to the attendance group, the employee's overtime data will also be synced to the attendance statistics on Attendance Admin. You can also view the overtime data from Attendance Admin.
- 3.Associate Approval with Attendance
- 1.Only the system templates or widgets for leave, overtime, business trips, and out-of-office can be associated with the Attendance app.
- 2.After requests of leave, business trip, and out-of-office being approved, employees do not need to clock in during the attendance time period. the attendance data will be auto-synced to the attendance report.
- 3.Overtime approval needs to be associated with overtime rules. After association, the overtime type will be automatically determined according to the overtime rules you set, and the overtime data will also be auto-synced to the attendance report.
- 1.Members need to arrive at the specified location or connect to the specified Wi-Fi within the required time to clock in/out.
- 2.Express Attendance, means that employees can automatically clock in/out without manually tapping the clock-in/out buttons. Express Attendance needs to satisfy all the following 3 conditions:
- ◦Must open the Lark mobile app.
- ◦Must be within the specified attendance time range.
- ◦Must arrive in the specified attendance location range or connect to the specified Wi-Fi.
- 3.Clocking in/out on desktop app needs to satisfy the following conditions:
- ◦The Attendance app only supports Wi-Fi clock-in/out on the Lark desktop app, and the administrator needs to allow the attendance group to clock in/out on the Lark desktop app (clock in/out by GPS or by machine is not available).
- ◦Clock in/out by the Lark desktop app is only available when your computer is connected to the specified Wi-Fi (not the network cable).
- ◦If the administrator selects face recognition as the attendance method, you cannot clock in/out on the Lark desktop app.
- ◦Clock-in/out on the Lark desktop app is only available on Lark version 3.3.0 or above.