Welcome to Lark!
If you landed on this page, you most likely have already signed up for a Lark Personal Edition. In this article we will teach you how to use it as your personal or team assistant 🎉
To get the best experience, we recommend using our - Available for macOS, Windows, iOS, and Android.
I. Upload a profile picture
Click on the profile photo, your profile page will pop up. You can upload your picture, edit your name and status here. Customer support and App Settings can also be found here. Click Join or Upgrade to Team, and you can switch to Team Edition. Come and explore more for yourself!
II. Lark for personal use
Lark Calendar and Docs, combined with Chat, can be powerful tools to help you manage time or build a personal knowledge base.
1. Build your own knowledge base
The Lark document interface is simple, and all formatting tools can be accessed by clicking the A icon on the left side of each line. Markdown and quick editing are also supported, without having to switch between mouse and keyboard.
Ready to create your first Doc? Click here to know more.
2. Managing time using calendar
You can access Calendar from the left sidebar of Lark. Choose between the daily, weekly or monthly view. Click on any day to create a schedule for yourself.
The calendar is deeply integrated with the messaging feature, and you will automatically receive reminders from the Calendar Assistant when events are approaching.
3. Search anything at anytime
Lark's Quick Search can help you quickly find the information you are looking for. Whether it's a recent conversation, a months old document, or a schedule, you can search for it with one single click.
III. Use Lark with partners and friends
Using Lark for your personal use can be helpful, but Lark works best with colleagues, thanks to its powerful collaboration features. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you invite your partners and friends to try Lark together. Click here to learn how. 💗
- 1.More intimate, more efficient chat
In Lark, messaging plays a key role, thanks to its robust and interactive features. Besides chatting with contacts, it is good for information collection.
You can pin items you are interested in, then retrieve them by accessing the pinned list from the right sidebar.
When you want to keep track about some content you have shared, we recommend using the function. Messages will be grouped with their replies and organized by threads, so you can see them at a glance by clicking the 'Reply' button under the original post 🤔
Do you often face situations that require a group action in a chat? Just create a poll!
You can also mention group members in a chat. As long as the group owner allows, anyone can at mention ALL members and get opinions.
In addition, remember to make good use of emojis to reply to other people's ideas, so as to avoid repeated pleasantries 😁
Lark group chats also support group announcements and other incredibly convenient features! to discover them all ❤️
With Lark Docs, you and your friends can easily work together to plan events.
Start by creating a Doc for your event, then share it with your group so that they can comment on it and edit content.
Lark Docs allows various permissions settings for file access. When you mention someone in a document, it will remind you whether to share the file with them. In addition, you can publish the document directly in a group chat and allow everyone from that group to edit it.
Whenever someone makes a comment, you will receive an actionable notification. Just click it to respond directly from the Lark app.
You can also discuss the plan with your teammates in real-time using Lark Meetings feature.
- 3.Make decisions together
After the plan is finalized, you can make an appointment with the team! You can choose to notify your partners directly, or send a meeting card to the group.
From chatting to traveling together, Lark allows you and your friends to communicate seamlessly both online and offline. What are you waiting for? Open Lark and get your friends on board!
IV. Personal and Team Editions of Lark
With Lark Personal Edition, you can easily do small-scale collaboration. If many people are involved in complicated tasks, Lark Team Edition comes with a number of advanced features to provide you with the smoothest collaboration experience.
Choose the best Lark Edition for your company needs.
Here are some things to consider:
- 1.Big teams with complex organizational structures. It is necessary to create and manage departments and team members.
- 2.Collaboration is frequently required and colleagues share a lot of information.
- 3.Different people need to work on the same files at the same time, and professional SaaS software plays an important role.
- 4.Members are scattered across different places, cities or even countries.
- 5.The team has colleagues from different cultural backgrounds who need to work across languages.
- 6.High data security requirements
Lark Team Edition offers more exclusive features
- 1.Admin Console: create and manage the organizational structure, add and delete members, manage employee permissions, etc.
- 2.Apps: Support access to common SaaS applications such as Jira, Salesforce, Trello, and many types of bots
- 3.Audio and Video Conferencing: Supports audio and video conferencing for up to 100 people simultaneously online
- 4.Auto-Translation: Messages and documents can be translated in real time. Currently supported languages are Chinese, English and Japanese.
- 5.Security: Support for communication and document watermarking, erroneous deletion of data responses, administrator log export and other security measures.
How to upgrade from the Personal Edition to Team Edition?
Click your profile photo in the upper left corner. Then click Join or create a team - Upgrade to Team Edition. View details here
Once the team is created, you will become the Team Admin automatically. If you just want to join an existing team as a member, please ask the team's administrator to invite you to join.