By reading this manual, you will quickly know how to use the Attendance app.
With the Attendance app, you can easily complete attendance, request, statistics, and settings, etc. What are these specific functions? Let's have a look!
- 1.Find the Attendance app
Method 1: Go to Workplace, find the Attendance app (you can search "attendance" in the search bar).
Note: It is recommended to add the Attendance app to Frequently Used for directly opening next time.
Method 2: Tap the messages pushed by the Attendance BOT (e.g. Clock-in/out Reminders, Weekly Report, etc.) to open the Attendance app.
Note: BOT message notification is enabled by default. Please refer to the attendance setting section below for more details of Settings.
Note: Use the Attendance app to clock in/out on Lark Desktop app, you need to satisfy the following conditions(otherwise, you can only use Request, Statistics, and Settings):
- ◦The Attendance app only supports Wi-Fi clock-in/out on Lark Desktop app, and the administrator needs to allow the attendance group to clock in/out on Lark Desktop app (clock in/out by GPS or by machine is not available).
- ◦Clock in/out by Lark Desktop app is only available when your computer is connected to the specified Wi-Fi (not the network cable).
- ◦Clock-in/out on Lark Desktop app is only available on Lark version 3.3.0 or above.
2.1 Normal clock-in/out
Go to the Attendance app, simply tap the Clock-in/out button to complete clocking in/out.
Note: You need to arrive at the specified location or connect to the specified Wi-Fi within the required time.
2.2 Offsite clock-in/out
Offsite clock in/out has 2 types of scenarios:
- 1.If the administrator enables the offsite clock in/out function, the employees can offsite clock in/out within the specified attendance location range (e.g., work from home, out of office, etc).
- 2.If the administrator disables the offsite clock in/out function, normally the employees can't offsite clock in/out. But when employees' requests for out of office or business trips are approved, the employees can offsite clock in/out during their stay outside or business trips.
Tap the Clock-in/out button (will be shown as "Offsite"), and tap Confirm to complete clocking in/out.
2.3 Clock-in/out status record
- •Clocked in/out within the required time and distance: Clock-in/out status record will be normal.
- •Not clocked in/out within the specified time and distance: Clock-in/out status record will be "Late In", "Early Out", "No Record", "On Trip", and "On Leave", etc.
Employees can make requests, including Correction and other requests (such as Leave, Overtime, Business Trip, etc.). The requests will be submitted to the manager for approval by default.
3.1 Request a correction
- •Method 1: Go to the Attendance page, tap Request Correction on the bottom right corner of the record card, fill in your reason and submit.
- •Method 2: Go to the Request page, tap Correction, fill in your reason and submit.
3.2 Other requests
Go to the Request page, you can make other requests related to attendance, including Leave, Overtime, Shift Swap, and Business Trip.
4.1 Personal report
You can view your personal report when you belong to an attendance group.
The personal report can show your attendance, including statistics of "Late In", "Early Out", "No Record", "Offsite", etc.
Note: The statistics of overtime will be synchronized at the management backend but not shown in the Attendance app.
4.2 Department report / Group report
Select Department report or Group report in the dropdown list on the top left corner of the page, you can view the attendance statistics and the ranking list by day or by month.
- 1.Department heads can view department statistics (corresponding to the organization structure of Lark Admin).
- 2.Attendance managers and attendance group owners can view attendance group statistics.
5.1 Message reminder
You can set the time reminder for your clock-in/out. The Attendance system will send you BOT notifications. By default, Lark sends you a clock-in/out notification 5 minutes before/after your shift.
- •To avoid missing message reminders, please remember to make sure notification permission is granted to Lark Mobile app.
- •If you don't need any reminders, you can turn off the notifications in Settings.
5.2 Attendance report
- •Weekly Report: Attendance BOT will send your weekly report on every Monday.
- •Monthly Report: Attendance BOT will send your monthly report at the beginning of every month.
5.3 Express attendance
Express attendance, refers to the method of automatically clocking in/out without manually tapping the Clock in/out button. It will work when you satisfy the following 3 conditions (all of these):
- •Condition 1: You must be within the specified attendance time.
- •Condition 2: You must be within the valid attendance range or connected to the specified Wi-Fi.
- •Condition 3: You must open your Lark.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please visit, or contact us via Contact Support. We'd love to help you anytime. 😊