Administrators are responsible for managing apps on the platform. Enterprise administrators can configure sub-administrators to manage specific app functionality and integration.
- Enterprise administrators：enterprise administrators can manage all data and resources within the enterprise. In addition, they can also configure different levels of permissions for other users.
- Sub-administrators: administrators with Lark Admin partial management rights, and have the right to modify some data granted by the enterprise administrator.
1. Enter the Lark Admin,
2. Select Ss
4. Name your sub-administrator
5. Select Workplace Management
Note: Workplace Management permissions include full management permission for App Management and Billing.
7. Create a sub-administrator to only manage certain applications by selecting App Management to open the app list.
8. Uncheck apps that do not need to be managed by the sub-administrator.
9. Click Confirm to complete the setting.
10. Select Add User to grant specific users sub-administrators privileges.
11. Enter name, email or mobile phone number to select the user to add, and click Confirm.
12. Remove an employee's permission by selecting the user and selecting Delete.
13. Select the more options icon on the side of the sub-administrator profile.
14. Select Delete Sub-administrator to remove the permission set.
Note: Deleting the sub-administrator role removes the permissions of all users within it.