Management roles：Enterprise administrator, Workplace administrator
Effective version：V3.14 or higher version on computer, V3.14 or higher version on mobile
I. Workplace Management
To provide application recommendations for Employees, you will need to access Workplace Management from the application menu in Lark Admin, you may also setup Application classifications from the tab
1. Recommend apps
- 1.Select Workplace Management in Lark Admin to set recommended application(s).
- 2.Click + a recommendation rule.
- 3.Enter a rule name.
- 4.Select the relevant department and relevant application(s).
- 5.Click Save to complete the recommendation application(s) rule.
- •Rule name: it is only used by administrator to distinguish rules and transparent to other employees
- •Department: You can select the relevant department or relevant employee
- •Apps: You can choose one or more apps. Gentle reminder: top apps will be displayed first.
2. Rules management
- •Activate / Deactivate Rule: Activate or deactivate the rule by clicking the button on the right. When the button is blue, it indicates that it is activated, greyed-out indicates deactivated.
- •Delete Rule: Move the mouse over the rule item, delete button option will appear, click to confirm deletion.
- •Reordering: Move the mouse cursor over the sorting icon to complete the reordering of rules
Relationship between rules:
- •User/Employee or Apps covered by different rules are allowed to overlap
- •The top-ranked rules will be displayed first
- •Recommended applications will be displayed in order, including combination of related rules
3. Custom classification
- 1.Select Add a category within Workplace Management in order to add a category for application(s).
- 2.Update category name field and add the relevant application(s),
- 3.Click Save to complete the process.
- •Category name: supports Chinese, English, and Japanese text. This field cannot be left null.
- •Applications: the order of custom classifications will be displayed first in Workplace.
Managing the Custom classification
- •Activate / Deactivate: The custom classification(s) will not take effect once it is deactivated. If the employee has more than 20 applications available, Workplace will display the Custom classification of Lark.
- •Delete: Move the mouse over the classification item, delete button option will appear, click to confirm deletion.
- •Reorder: move the mouse cursor over the sorting icon to complete the reordering of classification(s).
4. Display rule
- •By default, the Display rule is selected. This provides consistency of applications in both desktop and mobile as all applications are displayed by default.
- •If the desktop/mobile does not support a specific application, you will be requested to access the application from a different desktop/mobile.
- •If you select Show only available apps on desktop and mobile, application(s) that is not supported will not be displayed, in return improving efficiency in the search function for applications
II. App Configuration
Locate the App List within Lark Admin.
Select the application you wish to enter the configuration function.
Click the switch to toggle the application on and off. When the app is disabled, the application will be offline in Lark.
2. Set availability
- •You can determine the availability of a specific application to a specific range of employees or departments
- •You may also provide the permission for specific user(s) to select the availability range
- •Employees without permission rights, they may request via application card, or Bot, or submit application via in-app page
Click Edit, select the specific department or employee, and then click Confirm to complete the settings.
3. Manage contact permission
You can set the range of contact permission and determine which department(s) and/or employee(s) the application can access the data from.
You may turn on or off the Sync automatically from availability. This allows the availability of the specific information to be automatically synchronized to the Range of contacts.
Click Edit, select the departments or employee. Click Confirm to complete the setting.