Companies organize learning and sharing of activities to help their Employees in growth and development, especially in the context of Talent management and retention. For example, Lark Team frequently organizes sharing sessions between high profile individuals in a certain industry field. The challenge is, with numerous employees, how do we inform them on the meeting schedules? Do we use mass email, or "@everyone" in the company? These methods are distracting to our colleagues and create a number of unwanted notifications: "noise".
Our recommendation to you, which is a widely-used method within Lark Team - Public Calendar, which offers great convenience for synchronization and preview of meeting schedules and details. What's more, with just a simple API invocation, employees will be able to successfully register and navigate Lark's group chat system with one-click, and add their personal schedule.
This capability also provides ransparency between anager and eam, whereby youre able to book your anager's or peer's time depending on their availability.
Public calendar for synchronization and preview
1. Create a public calendar for course sharing
In addition to using a personal calendar, Lark can also be used to create other calendars. Just click the + sign to the right side of Search for Contacts Meeting Rooms!
- 2.Add course schedules and registration information
Create a schedule, and then choose to use the public calendar for the sharing session. This will allow the schedule to appear in the public calendar. Employees who have subscribed to this public calendar can view the schedule details.
3. Create course group and synchronize schedule to personal calendars
Lark provides various API interfaces which can be effectively integrated with internal or third-party tools. By connecting the registration questionnaire to the calendar API and group API, employees will be able to simply click on the registration link. After submission, the system will automatically add the group schedule to the applicant's schedule and automatically enroll them into the group.
- •After registration has been successfully submitted, the system can automatically invite users into the activity group.
- •Course schedules will also be automatically synced to your own calendar.
Instruction for API
With a simple development effort, you can automate the whole registration link process!
You will find some key information for reference below. The logic involved is divided into three steps:
1. The questionnaire link can be used to obtain the basic information of person(s) who have completed the questionnaire
The questionnaire link can be a link to a web page (click directly) or a QR code (scan), and can be used to receive the participants' basic information, including their user_id/open_id/employee_id/display_name, etc. If only the employee_id is visible, you can use the API to convert the employee_id to open_id, such as through the command “Use Phone Number or Email to Obtain User ID”.
2. After answering the questions, use a bot to create a new schedule
Create a bot, such as a questionnaire group assistant, which will invoke the API created by the schedule using the participants' open_id and their own calendar acquired during the previous step
3. After the schedule has been created successfully, bot can be used to automatically create “course sharing” groups, and will automatically pull participants into the chat group
Bot can be used to create groups. The API is invoked and used to acquire the group's chat_id. Bot will pull participants into the newly created grou.
Please refer to the API by following this