This article describes how to set working days, off days, and public holidays in Attendance Management.
For the fixed shift and free shift, the Attendance app supports setting working days, off days, and public holidays to have flexible rules.
- •Working Days: Require clock-in, record abnormal attendances, and send notifications regarding them. For example, no clock-in is regarded as absence, and delayed clock-in is regarded as lateness.
- •Off Days: Permit clock-in, but do not record abnormal clock-in or send notifications.
- •Public Holidays: If a public holiday is scheduled as an off day, the clock-in rules are the same as for an off day.
Go to page in Attendance Admin, click Add Attendance Group or Edit original attendance group, find the shift attendance settings menu, and select Fixed Shift or Free Shift.
- 1.Working Day and Off Day Settings：System defaults set Monday to Friday as working days, and Saturdays and Sundays as off days. Check or uncheck the configuration boxes to adjust working days and off days.
- 2.Public Holiday Settings： Public holidays in various countries can be scheduled as off days automatically according to the country where the attendance group is. (China, the United States, Japan, India, and Singapore are currently supported.) This setting can also be turned off, so public holidays will automatically be scheduled as off days.
- 3.Special Day Settings：Clock-in settings for special days can be configured by clicking Add an attendance-required date and Add a no-attendance-required date.
Q: If a day falls into more than one category, which clock-in rule should be followed?
A: Clock-in rules are prioritized as follows: special days (clock-in required or not required) > public holidays > working days or off days.