Administrators and approval app administrators can manage different types of leave and employees' leave balances.
- 1.Go to the Approval Admin. This is where you can perform leave type and leave balance operations.
- 2.Click Add Type. Here, you can enter the appropriate content based on the needs of your team. You can choose between unlimited leave or a limited leave duration.
With unlimited leave, the employees' total leave duration is not limited. It can be used for personal leave or compensation leave.
For unlimited leave types, you only have to enter the following basic information:
- •Leave type: Enter a unique name for the leave type.
- •Minimum leave unit: You can select day, half day, or hour as the minimum unit of leave. This unit will be used in statistical reports.
- •Leave duration calculation: Based on actual circumstances, you can select whether to include weekends and official holidays in the leave duration by choosing whether to calculate leave by calendar days or working days.
- 1.The calculation method of leave is workdays by default.
- 2.If attendance is enabled, it is subject to the workdays specified in attendance rules.
For limited leave types, employees’ total leave duration cannot exceed a set limit.
This can be used for annual leave or marriage leave. For this leave type, in addition to setting the basic information, you must also set the assign method, assign rules, and other options.
There are three assign methods for limited leave:
- •Assign every year: Leave is automatically assigned on a fixed date every year. You can assign leave per calendar year (e.g., on January 1 each year) or based on an employe's entry date. In addition, you can assign a fixed amount of leave (e.g., 12 days each year) or flexibly assign leave based on and employee’s working years or seniority.
- •Assign every month: Leave is automatically assigned on a fixed date every month. You can set a specific day on which leave is assigned every month.
- •Manual import: You can manually import the leave balances for each employee.
In addition, you can set a validity period for any type of limited leave by setting a period of time or expiration date. For example, you can set leave to expire at the end of each year (on December 31), 12 months after the date the employee joined the company each year, or 12 months after the leave assignment date each year.
Managing Leave Types
On the Leave Type page, you can manage each leave type, including setting additional languages and modifying or deactivating the leave type.
- 1.Click the Add language button among the action buttons shown to the right of a leave type.
- 2.Click Edit to set other language versions for the leave type.
- Note: Currently, the system supports Chinese and English. When multiple languages are set, different language versions of the leave type are displayed in different language environments.
Modifying Leave Types
- 1.Click the Edit button among the action buttons shown to the right of the leave type.
- Note: If you modify the leave assignment rules, leave balances will be reassigned and the new balances will replace the current balances of employees.
Deactivating Leave Types
- 1.Click the Deactivate button to deactivate the leave type.
- Note: When a leave type is deactivated, all open approvals associated with this leave type are stopped. After deactivating a leave type, you can reactivate or delete it.
Managing Leave Balances
On the Leave Balance page, you can manage the leave balances of each employee by viewing, modifying, exporting, or exporting balances.
Querying Leave Balances
By default, the leave balance page displays the leave balances of all employees. You can filter employees by department, leave type, or name to see only certain employees.
Modifying Employee Leave Balances
Click an employee's leave balance value to open the editing page, where you can modify leave balances online.
If the new leave balance is greater than the original value, the additional leave is assigned based on the relevant rules. If the new balance is less than the original value, the difference is subtracted from the leave type that was assigned earliest but has not yet expired.
Exporting and Importing Balances
Click Export Balance or Import Balance in the top-right corner to batch export or import employee leave balances.
In addition, you can export a balance report, modify leave balances in the report, and then import it back into the system to batch modify leave balances. If the imported leave balances conflict with the leave assignment rules (e.g., by exceeding the leave limit), the imported values will still be applied.
Q: When I click Export Balance on the leave balance page, why are some leave types missing from the exported report?
A: The missing leave types are unlimited types, which are not exported by default.