There are 3 types of attendance methods: by GPS, by Wi-Fi, and by machine. This article will show you how to set GPS clock-in/out.
If you enable the GPS clock-in/out function, employees can only clock in/out successfully in the range of specified attendance location.
1. Go to Group Settings
Go to the Group Settings page in the , administrators can add a new attendance group or edit existing groups.
2. Enable GPS function
Find Attendance Method and check Clock in/out by GPS.
- 3.Set attendance locations
You can set several attendance locations and valid ranges for each one. Employees can clock in/out when arriving at any location.
After clicking Add location:
- •Select attendance location and range: Auto-position to your current location is set by default. After selecting Enter location to search for another location in the upper-left corner, you can select the valid range in the drop-down list. (The range is 300 meters by default, and can be changed from 100 m to 3000 m). Click Next.
- •Remark location name: Input the attendance location name. This name will appear on the screens when employees clock in/out on their mobile devices, facilitating location recognition during clocking in/out.
Click Confirm to complete the settings.
- 1.In the upper-right corner of the map, you can switch to another map. It is recommended that users located outside of China use Google Maps.
- 2.If you have enabled offsite clock in/out, you can switch to offsite clock in/out after you have been out of the valid range.