This article describes how to migrate data from Google Drive to Docs as a Lark super administrator.
To help you reduce data migration costs, we offer convenient data migration from Google Drive to Docs. You can securely migrate your team files to Docs in batches with simple configuration.
Note: Currently, only G Suite administrators can migrate team files from Google accounts, and only Lark super admin and founder can migrate files.
How to migrate
- 1.Check your administration status in . Currently, only super administrators and founder are permitted to migrate data.
Note: For more information about how to log in to Lark Admin, read How can I log in to Lark Admin? in the FAQs section.
- 2.Install Lark Migration Assistant. Please note that only G Suite administrators are able to do so. To install, simply follow the steps below:
Step 1: Go to and choose Apps.
Step 2: Click on G Suite Marketplace apps and then on Add app to Domain Install list.
Step 3: Search for and install Lark Migration Assistant in G Suite Marketplace.
Note: If you are unable to find Lark Migration Assistant in Marketplace, please check if you are logged in as G Suite Administrator.
Step 1: Use migration feature
- •Go to and choose Settings - Data Migration in the navigation bar on the left side. Then choose Google Drive migration or you can to access the feature.
Step 2: Link Google administrator account
Click the Add New Google Account button to start linking Lark with your Google administrator account.
Step 3: Start migration
Click on Start Migration button in the bottom right corner. To cancel migration, simply click the Cancel and End Migration button in the upper right corner.
When data migration starts, the process will run in the backend. Therefore, the migration process won’t be affected even if you close the page during the migration process. To check the migration progress, just go to the Data Migration page to see latest progress.
Step 4: Complete migration
Once migration is completed, you can view migrated files in each member account on the Completed panel. Simply clickComplete in the bottom right corner to wrap up.
- •Migration completed: The ratio of the number of migrated files to the total number of files to migration. For example: Migration completion ratio 45/50 means 45 out of 50 files have been migrated.
- •File skipped: Due to G Suite rules and restrictions, some files aren't allowed to be migrated to Docs. These files are marked as skipped.
Note: For more information, see Which files aren't supported for migration? In the FAQs section below.
- •File migration failed: Fail to migrate certain files may be caused by file download timeout or file upload timeout.
View migration log
Lark super administrators can view the migration log in the Lark Admin. There are two ways to view migration log:
Method 1: When migration is completed, you can click on View log button in the bottom right to view details.
Method 2: Click on View Migration History button, then click View Details to see detailed history.
Note: We keep migration history and logs generated within the last 90 days. Migration history and logs will be automatically erased after 90 days.
View migrated files
There are two ways to view migrated files:
Method 1: When migration is completed, click Browse Files in the bottom right to see all files.
Method 2: Go to Lark Desktop and then to Docs home page. Click My Space in the left navigation bar. All migrated files will be saved in a folder named "G Suite Migration Date + Time."
Q: How can I log in to Lark Admin?
A: You have two methods to log in to the Lark Admin. For detailed information, see .
Q: Who owns migrated files?
A: Due to Google restrictions, we can’t get the permissions of Google Drive files. Therefore, migrated files are saved in the Docs of Lark super administrators. Correspondingly, migrated file ownership belongs to the super administrators. Administrators need to re-assign file permissions (permissions to read, edit, or own files) to desired members.
Q: What file types are supported for migration?
A: You can migrate multiple file types from Google Drive to Lark.
- ◦Google Docs and Google Sheets will be automatically converted to Lark Docs or Sheets, so that you can continue with multi-user collaboration in Docs.
- ◦Google Slides will be converted to Presentation Files and can be previewed in Docs.
- ◦Other files will remain in their original formats after being migrated.
Q: What file types aren't supported for migration?
- ◦Not supported for migration: Google Drawings, Forms, Sites and Maps.
- ◦Supported for migration but need format conversion: Google Docs, Sheets or Slides files that are larger than 10MB in size. You can convert the files to .docx, .xlsx, or .pptx format in Google Drive, in advance, to migrate them normally.
The following files are restricted from being downloaded：
If a file is set to be restricted from being downloaded, you can modify its Share Settings and turn on its download permission to migrate the file normally.
- a.Right click the desired file and select Share.
- b.Click the Settings icon in the upper right corner.
- c.In the Share with people settings, check Viewers and commenters can see the option to download, print, and copy.
Q: Can I view files that can’t be migrated in Lark?
You can view the Migration log after the migration is completed to see which files weren’t migrated.
Q: How long will a migration log be kept?
A: The system keeps the migration history and logs generated within the last 90 days. After 90 days, migration history and logs will be erased.
Q: How can I unlink a Google account?
A: Currently, the Data Migration feature of Lark Admin doesn’t support unlinking a Google account.
💗 If this article has been helpful, please give us a thumbs up.