This article will show you how to transfer, add/remove approver, and roll back in the Approval app.
Approvers can have 4 operations to reduce the risk of decision making and improve approval efficiency.
- •Transfer: You can transfer the current approval request to others for approval. For example, you can transfer the current approval request to others when you are not available for approval.
- •Add approvers: You can add other approvers to approval with you together. For example, you can add others when it is difficult to approval the current approval request.
- •Remove approvers: You can remove approvers when there are more than 1 approvers. The removed approvers do not need to approve. For example, you can remove the approvers when added wrong approvers.
- •Roll back: You can roll back the process to a previous step for re-approval. For example, when you found the approval was wrong at one step, you can roll the process back to that step and approve it again.
Administrators set operation permissions
Administrators need to set if allow approvers to transfer, add/remove approvers, and roll back. The Approval app allows to transfer but doesn't allow to add/remove approvers and roll back by default. Administrators can modify it in the following 2 steps:
- 1.Go to Process Design: administrators can go to Approval Admin, create a new approval or edit an existing approval, and go to Process Design page.
- 2.Set operation permissions: click on Approval step and tick Allow boxes under operation permissions on the right side.
Save and publish after complete settings.
Approvers can transfer, add/remove approvers, and roll back in the following 2 steps during the approval process:
- 1.Go to Approval details page: approvers can go to the Approval details page through messages sent by Approval BOT or open the relevant approvals through the Approval app in the Workplace.
- 2.Select any operations: On the Approval details page, approvers can click on More the bottom left corner, select any operations, and fill in the relevant information. 4 operations are simply indicated below:
Click on Transfer to the Transfer page: add the receiver and fill in reasons.
(2) Add approvers
Click on Add Approver to the Add Approver page: add approvers, select the approval method, and fill in reasons.
3 methods to add approvers:
- •Pre-approver: you can add an approval step before the current step. When the newly added step gets approved by approvers, you will continue to the current step again.
- •Post-approver: you can add an approval step after the current step. The current step will get approved by default and you will continue to the newly added step.
Note: when the number of pre-approver and post-approver is greater than or equal to 2, you need to select the approval method.
- •Everyone approved: a step will pass only if all approvers at the same step approved.
- •Anyone approved: a step will pass as long as one of the approvers at the same step approved.
- •Co-approver: if you add other approvers at the current step, approvers need to follow the approval method of the current step.
(3) Remove approver
The Remove Approver option will appear in More when the number of added approvers is greater than or equal to 1.
Click on Remove Approver to the Remove Approver page: you can remove relevant approvers and fill in the reasons.
(4) Roll back
Click on Roll Back to the Roll Back page: you can select the step that you need to roll back to and fill in the reasons.
After operations, the Details page will add new relevant approval processes and relevant approvers will receive notifications sent by Approval BOT.