This article explains the features and functions of Lark Flow, and how to use it.
Lark Flow is an automation tool that allows you to integrate different apps and services as workflow.
For example, when a complaint email arrives in your external mailbox, Lark flow creates a message that is automatically sent to you with the basic information of this email.
To build this automated workflow, you need to set the following:
- •Trigger (external mailbox receives an email) - Specify the starting point of a workflow
- •Action (send me a Lark message) - Specify the operators that would be executed, once the workflow is triggered. There can be multiple actions in a workflow.
There are various options for configuring triggers and actions. For example, when an email that contains the word "Complaint" in its title arrives in your mailbox, a Lark message, displaying the title and the sender of the email, is automatically sent to you.
Additionally, you can also add:
- •Path - Each path consists of a condition and one or more actions. Paths allow a workflow to have multiple branches. When a workflow runs into a point where there are multiple paths, it executes different actions based on different conditions.
When a trigger and the actions are linked together, an automated workflow is created.
Install Lark Flow
You can configure the app for your members on Lark only if you are the administrator.
1. Log in the as an administrator and get the Lark Flow app.
2. Go to the - Workplace - App List, select Lark Flow, activate it and set its Availability as appropriate.
Use Lark Flow
1. Create Lark Flow
1.1 Create a basic flow
Open the Lark Flow app in Lark and enter the app homepage.
Creating Lark Flow from template - Explore the recommended templates and popular apps in the homepage, and select a template that suits your business scenario. Then you just need to finish the account authorization and a few simple steps to complete your creation.
Creating Lark flow from scratch - This section uses the complaint email example to demonstrate the procedure.
- •First, click + Create to enter the creation page.
- •Click + to set the trigger. Select an email app as appropriate - set the trigger as New Email - select your email account - set complaint as the Subject keyword
Note: For information about how to authorize Lark Flow to connect to your account, see separate topics.
- •Then click + to set the next action of the flow.
- •Set Message as the App - select Select message from Lark bot as the Action - enter New complaint as the Headline- select Subject and From Name for Content.
- •Click Create and name the flow to complete your creation.
Now when a complaint email with complaint in its title arrives in your mailbox, you will receive a notification in Lark.
1.2 Add paths to your flow
- •You can continue to add actions or paths to your flow by clicking the + below the last action card. In this example, click + and select Add path. To add more paths, click Add Condition.
- •Define the conditions and actions for each path. In this example, the conditions are defined based on whether the received email contains attachments. If yes, enter the email information in the Complaints sheet With attachments workbook. If no, then enter the email information in the Complaints sheet No attachment workbook. The settings are displayed as follows:
With the two paths, the sheet gets updated automatically.
- 2.Manage Lark Flows
- •Go to Lark Flow - My Flows page to view all the flows created by you. You can check the number of runs of each flow, activate or deactivate a flow, and delete a flow. Click the card to enter the edit page of a flow.
3. Disconnect your account
- •Go to Lark Flow - My Apps page to view a list of your app accounts that Lark Flow is authorized to access. With each card you can check the app title, the account name, and authorization date, and the number of flows that use this account. To disconnect your app account from Lark Flow, click Disconnect.
Note: Once the account is disconnected, the associated Lark flows will be deleted permanently.
- 4.[Administrators] Manage Apps
- •As an administrator, you can go to Lark Flow - Manage page to view all the apps that are integrated with Lark Flow. With each app, you can check the available trigger options and action options that it provides in Lark Flow.
- •To disable an app in Larkflow, click the switch below the app icon. Once an app is disabled, your users will not be able to see or use this app in Lark Flow.
Note: The Manage page is only visible to administrators.
Q: How do I know if I have successfully created a Lark Flow?
A: Check My Flows to see all the workflows created.
Q: After creating a Lark Flow, why haven't I received any notification?
- •Open My Flows and check if you have activated the workflow.
- •Check the number of runs. If the number is zero, it means no news are yet received from the Trigger app.
- •Check and edit your Option settings.
👏 Congratulations! Now you have learned how to use Lark Flow, you can also use it to complete many combinations, which can effectively save your time. Give it a try!