Note: This function is only available for the super administrators of Lark Business and Enterprise Versions.
- •Company administrators can set whether employees can start chats with other employees through the Lark client.
- •Currently, admins can set the following chat permissions:
- ◦Whether A can start a chat, start an audio or video call or call phone with B.
- ◦Whether A can invite B to a group chat.
- ◦Whether A can send a Buzz to B.
- ◦Whether the Lark app displays Docs Assistant notifications for B when A comments or uses the @ function on B's document.
- 1.Currently, Chat permission settings on the Admin console are one-way rules. This means if a rule specifies that A cannot start a chat with B, then only A cannot start a chat with B, but B can start a chat with A; once a chat has been created for A and B, then their communications will no longer be restricted by the rules created in Chat permission settings.
- 2.Similarly, if A and B already have a chat window created prior to the rule's establishment, then A and B's communications won't be restricted by the rules as well.
Go to the Lark Admin console and click Security > User Permissions > Chat Permissions to go to the chat permissions settings page.
- 1.Managing Chat Permissions
Click Edit in the top-right corner to enter editing mode.
- •In the Subject field, choose the user or user group you'd like to set a specific rule for, and set their statuses as either Can or Can't.
- •In the With Object field, set whom the rule is made towards.
- •In the Do What field, you can select Start a chat with, Start an audio or video call with, Call phone, Create Group With, Send Buzz To, and Send notifications to.
The rule will come into effect once you've clicked Save.
As seen in the example below, members from China PS cannot send Buzz or call the phone number of anyone from AI search.
- 2.Example: Verifying chat permissions
You can use the Verify Permission Rules to check whether the permissions you have set function as expected.
Click Verify Permission Rules to open its window.
Here, enter the subject and object usernames and click Verify to see what actions the selected subject can perform with the selected object.