This article summarizes Docs new features and feature optimizations.
Swipe left or right to change the text style in Docs
Show poll results to users in Docs
When using the Poll feature in Docs, you can enable Show poll results to allow users to know others' opinions After voting or All the time.
Insert tables in Docs
When using Docs on mobile, you click the + shortcut key to insert a table. You can add rows and columns to it and adjust its width.
Follow documents and receive notifications
The Follow feature is available! You can turn on Follow via the ... button to receive notifications when the document content is updated.
Convert web links into webpage cards
When using Docs on desktop, you can paste web links into documents and convert them into text links or stylish webpage cards. Collaborators can preview web information before opening the page.
Edit rows using card view in Sheets
Edit each row using card view in Sheets, and share the card as image or text with others on mobile.
Search feature is available in template gallery
The search feature is available in Docs template gallery. You can use keywords to find the right templates for you. You can have a glance at templates' description, preview, and other details.
Save custom templates on mobile
When using Docs on mobile, you can save your frequently used Docs or Sheets as custom templates, and share them with others.
Hide or show gridlines in Sheets
You can now choose to hide gridlines with one click, turning a regular sheet into a white canvas.
Crosshair highlight selected cells using different colors in Sheets
Use the Crosshair highlighting feature to display a cross-shaped highlight on selected cells using different colors in Sheets.
Callout block highlights key points
The callout feature is available! When editing documents, you can insert and edit callout blocks to highlight key points with emojis and colors.
Show editors in documents
When reading documents, you can turn on the Show editors feature to clearly pinpoint when and who made certain changes in documents for a better reading experience.
Insert checkboxes in Sheets
When using Sheets, you can insert checkboxes in cells to easily check completed items and manage the status of your tasks.
Insert links to locate targeted information
When using Sheets, you can insert a link to a cell, a cell range, a sheet, or an external webpage to quickly locate the targeted information.
Add multiple options in dropdown lists
When using the dropdown lists in Sheets, you can add multiple options and set different colors to tag items.
Export flowcharts into images
When using flowcharts in documents, you can copy and paste graphics between different flowcharts and export flowcharts from document into images for easy sharing.
Embed various web pages into documents
When using documents, you can directly insert and embed CodePen and other web pages into documents. Collaborators can get a preview of the web page without opening them.
Changes in translation mode are synced
When collaborators edit the original document using the translation feature in Docs, changes in the translation mode can be automatically synced to the original text. You can also leave comments in the translation mode.
Upload attachments on mobile
Using Docs on mobile, you can directly upload and insert videos, Word, PDF, and other file attachments to enrich your content.
Use link to locate specific cells in Sheets
Use Link function in Sheets to redirect to a cell, a cell range, a sheet, or an external webpage. You can also generate a link that leads to a cell or a cell range.
The display of Docs on mobile is optimized
The display of Docs in third-party browsers (such as WeChat) is optimized to bring you a better reading experience.
Bi-directional links are available
When using Docs, you can now see bi-directional links at the bottom of a document. You can also use a relationship chart to find other related documents.
Use mind maps in Docs
When using Docs, you can now directly insert and edit mind maps in Docs with a variety of options. Say goodbye to inefficient copying and pasting.
Bitable is now available
When using Docs or Sheets, you can insert Bitable to easily group information, and use mobile to view or edit content. You can also switch to grid and kanban views in Sheets to easily follow up on tasks.
Code block is upgraded
You can now select up to 50 languages, such as Java and Python, in the code block and use Markdown to switch coding languages.
Insert Jira Issue in Docs
When using Docs, you can quickly insert Jira Issue in Docs to view problem details and keep track of tasks.
Grant Docs permissions to departments
You can now grant permissions to departments in your organization to view and edit documents and folders.
New Docs homepage on mobile
The Docs homepage on mobile is upgraded to bring you a new functional experience.
Slide content to edit
When using Docs on mobile, you can slide to comment, copy, cut and delete a paragraph or sheet.
Export Docs or Sheets in multiple formats
You can export Docs in Word or PDF formats, and Sheets as Excel files to easily share them with others on mobile.
Set date reminders in Sheets
When using Sheets, you can set a date reminder in any cell to notify yourself or others at a specified time.
Flowchart and UML Diagram are available in Docs
You can create flowcharts, UML diagrams and structural diagrams in Docs.
Equation is available in Docs
Use the Equation function to insert TeX equation into Docs.
Show or hide comments in Docs
When reading Docs, you can show or hide comments, and find the first comment.
Access Jira data in Docs
When editing Docs, you can insert Jira Filter through the toolbar to access the latest data and track project status.
Set various cell border styles and colors in Sheets
Using Sheets on mobile app, you can set different types of cell border styles and colors.
Filter view is available in Sheets
Create a filter view to filter data in a separate view, so you and collaborators can apply filters without affecting each other. All filtered data will be saved automatically for you to view next time.
Docs editing toolbar on mobile app is optimized
The Docs editing toolbar on mobile app is optimized with more functions to help you conveniently create and modify content.
Conditional formatting is available in Sheets
Conditional formatting function is added to Sheets. By setting format rules, you can highlight cells as needed to help you view and analyze information more clearly.
Docs have new text colors and background colors
Edit Docs on the web, desktop app and mobile app, changing text color and background color of your content through the toolbar to enrich the display effect.
Content under headings can be folded on mobile app
Edit Docs on mobile app so you can click on multiple headings to fold and hide or expand content.
Use Sheets on mobile app to manage sheets
Use Sheets on mobile app to add, delete, rename, copy and move Sheets.
More display languages are released
Lark is available in 11 new display languages! Apart from English, Japanese and Simplified Chinese, now users can enjoy Lark in Bahasa Indonesia, Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Korean, Russian, Spanish, Thai and Vietnamese.
Access online Docs and anonymously edit
Share the link of online Docs with others, allowing everyone with the link to access Docs and edit it without logging in to Lark.
The More menu display has been optimized
In the list page of Docs on mobile app, the display of the ... menu has been optimized from vertical to horizontal format.
Selected images will be numbered in order
Send images via Messenger conversations on mobile app, and images will be numbered in order of selection.
Exporting Docs as watermarked Word or PDF files supported
When you export a Doc as Word or PDF file, you can add watermarks to exported files to ensure security during Doc sharing.
Product: Docs Released on: July 23
More date formats supported in Sheets
In Menu - Format of a Sheet, more formats are now available in More date and time formats for date-type cells.
Product: Sheets Released on: July 23
Sharing Docs to third-party platforms supported (mobile app)
In the sharing interface of mobile app, you can share online Docs, Sheets, PPT or PDF files to third-party apps. In addition, you can also take screenshots of Docs with one click to share content again.
Product: Docs Released on: June 28
Inserting contact cards of external groups in Docs is now supported
You can insert contact cards of external groups in a Doc. Collaborators can click the group contact card to join or view a group.
Product: Docs Released on: June 28
- •Docs now supports auto capitalization for the first word of a sentence.
- •Docs now supports dragging and dropping content.
- •Sheets now supports translation.
- •Docs now supports translation.
- •New version history available on Sheets.
- •Docs now supports batch downloads.
- •Mobile app now supports creating a Doc or Sheet from templates.
- •Sheets mobile app toolbar is optimized.
- •Docs mobile app now supports content sharing as images.
- •Docs now support inserting votes and task lists.
November 5, 2019
The default style of cells in a Sheet was optimized.
October 15, 2019
You can copy and paste images from a Doc into a Sheet.
September 24, 2019
Shortcuts for View all formulas and View all functions were added to Sheets.
September 3, 2019
The More templates feature was integrated in Sheets.
August 6, 2019
Hidden content in a copied area of Sheets will be contained and a prompt will be shown.
July 23, 2019
Users with permission to read in Sheets can choose to show or hide a row or column.
June 10, 2019
- •Docs: Clicking an anchor link in a Doc will redirect to the anchored content, without needing to open a new page.
May 29, 2019
- •You can edit or delete your own comments in Docs.
May 17, 2019
- •Docs was upgraded to the cloud space to provide a better collaborative writing space for teams.
- •Search results of a cloud space can be filtered by owner and type.
- •Docs now supports six highlighting colors. You can use different colors to highlight different items.
April 27, 2019
- •You can view Sheets information, including the reads and readers information.
- •You can comment in a cell in a Sheet.
- •The text when a user is @mentioned in a Doc is highlighted.
- •Docs support pressing and holding a QR code in the image viewer to recognize a QR code.
April 12, 2019
- •You can view Docs information, including the number of reads and readers information.
March 27, 2019
- •Sorting Docs lists is supported.
March 5, 2019
- •All cached Docs can be edited offline.
February 16, 2019
- •Sheets support selecting multiple cells.
- •Docs support searching characters.
- •Styles and interactions of the Docs toolbar were optimized.
January 26, 2019
- •Sheets support cutting, copying and pasting cells.
- •Docs support changing Doc and folder owners.
- •Docs support removing quick access Docs by pressing and holding the desired Docs.
January 17, 2019
- •Sheets support viewing, replying or leaving comments.
- •Interactive actions on image comments were optimized in Docs.
January 6, 2019
- •The Docs home page was added to facilitate Doc searches.
- •Docs, Sheets and folders can be added to Quick Access or Favorites.
- •Likes for Docs were supported.
- •The body text layout of Docs was redesigned.
- •You can request permissions for folders.
- •Docs icons and type recognition were optimized.
November 10, 2018
- •Cross-tenant usage was supported. You can invite external contacts for collaboration.
- •Permission settings became compatible with cross-tenant scenarios.
- •You can browse and open a Doc in the browser in a handoff.
- •Docs support hyperlinks.
- •Docs support saving an edit on a repeated appointment only once, so that edits won’t apply to all repeated appointments.
- •The display logic of the appointments and red lines in the list view was optimized.
October 10, 2018
- •@mentioning groups, disabling notifications for @mentioning users or groups, and @mentioning users in Docs for automatic authorization were supported.
- •Docs comments can be copied.
- •You can request permissions for Docs on the desired Doc page.
- •The editing experience of Sheets was optimized.
- •The bugs in some permission modules and international text were fixed.
September 18, 2018
- •Docs or folders can be moved to a Sheet in a Shared Folder or a Sheet in a Doc. You can adjust the row height or column width, or insert or delete rows or columns.
- •Layout adjustment: The link to Docs was moved to the home page; Me was moved to the top right corner of the home page; Inbox was moved to the top left corner of the home page; My Docs, Shared, and Recent were moved to the top left corner.
September 9, 2018
- •Docs can be sent quickly in a conversation.
August 6, 2018
- •Folder sharing was supported.
- •Docs list was localized to speed up loading.
- •Docs list support gestures for sharing Docs, managing permissions, or dragging to move Docs.
- •The browsing experience of Docs images was optimized.
August 1, 2018
- •Bugs in the Docs toolbar in iOS 10 were fixed.
- •The bugs of app crashes caused by card comments and gestures in Docs were fixed.