How can I request for Doc permissions?
If you don't have view permissions to a Doc, clicking on it will direct you to a page with the prompt: No permission to access.
- 1.On the page with the no access prompt, select the permission you want to request, and add a note (optional).
- 2.Click Send Request to send the request to the Doc owner.
- 3.You will be authorized to view or edit the Doc after the Doc owner approves your request.
How can I quickly share embedded documents or request permissions?
If you are the Doc owner, click Share on the prompt that appears when you paste a link to another document in your Doc. This allows you to quickly share permissions for the embedded document with collaborators.
You can also mouse over an embedded document link and click Share at the bottom of the preview panel.
If you are a Doc collaborator, quickly request permissions for the embedded document by mousing over an embedded document link and click Request to the right of the prompt bar that appears.
I have view permission, but how can I request to edit a Doc?
If you have view permission, you can view Docs but you can't edit them.
- 1.Open a Doc and click Share.
- 2.Click Request edit permission > Add a note (optional) > Send request to send the request to the Doc owner.
- 3.You will be authorized to edit the Doc after the Doc owner approves your request.
How can I request to share a Doc or add a Doc collaborator?
If you are a collaborator of a Doc, you can add other Doc collaborators through the Doc sharing panel. If you can't add a collaborator, it may be because people who can add or manage collaborators have been specified in the Doc permission settings.
To learn more about Sharing settings, visit .