Integrating Lark with Zapier helps Lark become the central hub for your organization's collaboration, no matter what tools you use.
About Zapier platform
Zapier is an automated, online task management program that allows users to connect different tasks and apps, creating efficient workflows that keep data consistent across multiple web apps.
Zapier's workflow automation functions through a Zap, which is essentially a blueprint for specific tasks users require to get done continuously. In other words, users tell the program, “When I do this in A, do this in B.” In this Zap, A is referred to as the Trigger, and B, the Action. Through Zaps, Triggers, and Actions, information can quickly move between web apps to help build workflows with a few clicks. For example:
When you get a new task on the Trello board (Trigger), Zapier will automatically create a task in the appointed Jira project, so that you can collaborate with your team.
For more details regarding Zapier's use cases, please visit Zapier's official help center for reference.
About Zapier Connector
Integrating Lark with Zapier helps Lark become the central hub for your organization's collaboration, no matter what tools you use. Zapier Bot in Lark group chats will send you updates when changes occur in other apps, while Lark Sheets can be automatically updated to reflect bug reports or when there are updates in your CRM system. Through Zapier connector on Lark, users will be able to select one of the following actions offered by Lark on the Zapier platform:
- •Send messages to a group;
- •Send a direct message to myself via a bot;
- •Create an event on Calendar;
- •Update an event on Calendar;
- •Create a new Lark Doc at a specific location on Lark Drive;
- •Create a new Lark Sheet at a specific location on Lark Drive;
- •Create row in a specified Lark Sheet;
- •Update row in a specified Lark Sheet.
Install Zapier Connector
New users will be required to install the Zapier Connector app from Lark App Directory:
- •If you are an administrator of your Lark tenant, you may install the app directly and enable it for your tenant. It is recommended to enable the following option from Admin portal beforehand to allow individual members to install apps from App Directory directly. With this option turned on, all apps that have been evaluated as being appropriate for personal use with a low level of data sensitivity and requirement of permissions (like Zapier Connector) can be installed by all individual members under the tenant without Admin approval.
- •If you are a regular member (non-administrative users) and get an alert that you do not have permissions to install the app, please contact the administrator of your Lark tenant to get the app installed and enabled for all members first.
Authorize Zapier Account and Create your Zap
Zapier Connector is only available to users who already have a Zapier account. Make sure that you set up an account with Zapier if you don't have one already. Follow Zapier instructions on how to create a Zap and remember to select Lark as the app on the Action end.
- •Please visit this website to check out more details regarding how Zapier works. Register a Zapier account and you're ready to go. Do take note that prevailing charges on Zapier applies to your Zapier usage, for example in case you sign up for a paid account.
- •Start setting up a Zap by selecting any app you want as a Trigger and select Lark as the Action app. You'll then be prompted to log into your Lark account for authentication. Alternatively, you can also start from Lark's official page on Zapier Marketplace by exploring the available templates.
In case you see an alert that you don't have the permission, it means you have not successfully installed Zapier Connector properly. Please go back to the "Install Zapier Connector" section and follow the instructions there to install the app. Remember to contact your Lark administrator to get it enabled for your tenant via our App Directory if you are prompted to do so.
Zapier Connector will be activated and send you a system message notifying the authorization.
You can also add Zapier Connector to any group chat on Lark in order to use the group message action.
Can regular members (non-administrative users) configure Zapier by themselves?
Why can't I find the Lark group I want to send a message to when creating a Zap?
Please make sure you're a member of the group chat and you've also added Zapier Bot into the group. The group should then show up in the list for selection during your Zap creation.
Why can't I find my folder when trying to create a Zap?
Currently, we can only fetch the first 5,000 folders you have on your Lark Drive so you may want to clear them up a bit before trying to search again on Zapier.
Why can't I find an existing event on my Lark Calendar for the Update Calendar Event action?
Please note that you can only update an event that was originally created through a Zap too. Events created on Lark directly won't be eligible for modification through Zapier.
Why can't I edit an event on Lark alendar after it was created from Zapier?
The Lark event details like title, date, time cannot be updated because the host is a bot. However, more guests can be added on the calendar manually.
Why can't I change the schedule automatically created by Zap in my Lark alendar?
For Lark schedule created automatically through Zap workflow, the default schedule owner is Zapier Assistant, so you will not be able to edit the title and time of the schedule. However, you can invite others to join the schedule.