I. Function overview
Docs provides professional and powerful drawing tools to meet your needs. You can easily insert graphics or draw graphics in Docs to create flowcharts, UML diagrams and structural diagrams. All your edits will be synced to cloud in real-time to keep your data safe.
II. How to use drawing tools in a Doc?
Use drawing tools
- 1.Open a Doc, simply hover your mouse on the left side to open the + toolbar.
- 2.Choose Flowchart or UML diagram based on your needs.
- 3.Enter full-screen mode to start drawing graphics.
In the full-screen drawing page, you'll see a toolbar in the upper left corner, a graphic library on the left side, a drawing canvas in the middle, a menu bar in the upper right corner, and a format panel on the right side.
- •Graphic library: The graphic library provides more than 300 shapes that are categorized into 9 sections. You can expand each category to find desired shapes, or search for a shape by name through the graphic search bar at the top.
- •Canvas: The canvas is where you create and edit diagrams. To create, simply drag shapes and text boxes from the graphics library to canvas.
- •Toolbar and format panel: Toolbar and format panel give you more flexibility in editing diagrams.
- ◦Edit shapes: Change shape size, position, and style (e.g. background color, shadow, border style, line style, transparency, etc.).
- ◦Edit texts: Edit text font, color, size, bold, italic, underline, alignment and row height.
- ◦Edit canvas: Resize canvas and modify grid settings.
- •Menu bar: Set diagram configuration.
Enter or exit editing mode
- •Enter the full-screen editing mode: You can hover your mouse over a graphic and then click the Edit button in the top toolbar to enter full screen.
- •Exit the full-screen editing mode: Click the 2 arrows button in the upper-left corner of the page to exit the full-screen editing mode and return to the Doc.
Q: How can I view a diagram as a graphic?
A: Diagrams are shown as images in a Doc. Simply click on desired diagrams to enlarge and view.
Q: Who can edit my diagrams?
A: Collaborators with the Doc's permission to edit can modify diagrams, and collaborators permission to view can just view diagrams as graphics.
Q: Can team members collaborate in editing diagrams?
A: Yes. Multiple collaborators can edit a diagram at the same time.
Q: Can I view or edit diagrams on Mobile?
A: Currently, you can only view diagrams on obile.
Q: What’s the difference between Flowchart and UML diagram and draw.io? A: Docs disgram is developed based on the draw.io open-source project.