I. Function overview
1.1 Whats Filter View?
Filter view helps you filter and analyze data in a separate page, so other collaborators can view and edit sheets without being affected. If you only have view permission of a Sheet, you can create a temporary filter view to filter data.
1.2 What's the difference between Filter and Filter View？
- •Filter: irectly filter data in Sheets. Other collaborators will see your filter results, and filtered data will be shown the next time you visit the Sheet.
- •Filter View: ilter data in the filter view page so other collaborators who are working on the Sheet aren't affected. Filter view will be auto-saved for you to go back to it later.
1.3 Is Filter View for me?
You can use filter view in many cases. For example:
- •Sales and Marketing teams view a report at the same time: ll members can use filter view to filter data without affecting each other.
- •HR can filter data based on recruiting requirements in the same sheet, and save results as multiple filter views to share with different interviewers
II. How to use the filter view?
2.1 Create a filter view
- •Directly create a filter view: o to Sheet's toolbar, click the little triangle on the right of the Filter button, then click Create new filter view. Youll then enter the filter view page.
- •Save filter results in sheet as a filter view:
- ◦Method 1: lick the triangle near the Filter button in toorbar, and click Save as filter view to save filter results as a filter view.
- ◦Method 2: lick on the Filter's triangle in cell to open Filter panel, then check Save as new filter view and hit Confirm. A filter view will be saved and you'll enter the filter view page.
2.2 View, save, exit or delete filter view
- •Save filter view: ll filtered results in filter view will be auto-saved.
- •Exit filter view: o to the upper right corner of the filter view page, and click on the X close button to return to sheet.
- •Delete filter view: n the filter view page, click the Settings icon in the upper right corner, then click Delete.
- •View saved filter view: o to Sheet's toolbar, click the triangle on the right of the Filter button, then click on the desired filter view name.
2.3 Rename filter view
- •Method 1: ouble click on the Name input box in the upper left corner of filter view, type in the new name and itll be auto-saved.
- •Method 2: n the filter view page, click the Settings icon in the upper right corner, choose Rename, then type in a new name at the Name input box in the upper left corner.
Note: emporary filter view can't be renamed.
2.4 Update filter range
Filter range represents the range where you apply filter in the filter view. For example, if you'd like to apply filter from the first cell in column A to the 9th cell in column H, just type A1:H9 in the Range input box in the upper left. You can update the filter range through the following methods.
- •Method 1: n the filter view page, double click the Range input box in the upper left to edit.
- •Method 2: n the filter view page, click the Settings icon in the upper right corner, choose Update range, then update range in the Range input box in the upper left corner.
2.5 Share filter view
- •Step 1: o to Sheet's toolbar, click the triangle on the right of the Filter button, then click on the desired filter view name.
- •Step 2: n the filter view page, copy the browser link.
- •Step 3: aste the browser link to share the filter view.
Note: emporary filter view can't be shared.