Can't figure out where to start in the face of a rich set of features? Don't worry. This article describes how you can easily use Lark Admin to set your company information and an administrator system for your team, helping members get started with Lark to enjoy a brand new all-in one office experience.
🗺️ Feature map of Lark Admin
Lark Admin provides team administrators with a diversity of management and configuration capabilities to ensure your company's efficient and safe usage of Lark.
- •Organizational structure management: You can manage employee onboardings, offboardings, transfers, approve roles and administrator settings, add or delete departments, adjust structures, and set department and all-staff groups.
- •Employee information management: You can set profile display, manage custom fields, and set contacts visibility.
- •Software and hardware management: You can allocate meeting room resources, create, review and purchase apps in Workplace, and pay for value-added products.
- •Core data management: You can perform detailed analysis of data and records generated by employees during their use of messages, video meetings, Docs and other features.
- •Security policy settings: You can configure Docs permissions, watermarks and administrator logs.
🚀 Promote Lark in the team
Let part of the team use Lark first: Deploy Lark in some departments to boost internal work efficiency. Early adopters may include Administration, Marketing and IT along with departments that focus on content creation and knowledge management. New Lark users drive other teams to use Lark.
💻 As a team creator, what's expected from me in the initialization stage?
Lark owns a powerful admin site for you to manage your company members usage in a unified manner, which, however, also introduces complexity for using Lark Admin. If you aren't quite familiar with the usage, you can transfer the super administrator role to a trusted IT specialist who can batch import employees, migrate data or perform other advanced settings. Detailed procedure can be found as follows:
On Lark mobile app, click the profile photo in the upper-left corner and a pane will appear. Click Administration to go to Lark Admin. You can also use the Suite Admin gadget on Lark mobile app for more convenience. For more methods to access Lark Admin, click here.
- •Familiarize yourself with the left navigation pane and frequently used functionalities
You can click the profile photo in the upper-right corner to change the language and team role. A navigation menu integrating all functions is displayed on the left side. You can add frequently used functionalities as preferred on the homepage to facilitate their access.
- •Set company information
You can upload your company’s logo in Company Settings - Company Info, so that new members can easily recognize it. You can also apply for Lark certification here. Once your company is certified by Lark, you can add an unlimited number of contacts and enable livestreaming for your meetings.
You can invite core members of your team to Lark on either mobile or desktop app, so you can grant management permissions to these members.
- •Grant management permissions
Please grant management permissions appropriately so responsible users have access to only the features they're authorized for. This protects your company data while ensuring that managers perform their respective functions for better settings in Lark. For detailed procedures, see What is a Super Administrator?
There are currently two types of administrative roles in Lark Admin: Super administrator and administrator. You can add super administrators as needed:
- •Company founder: The person who created the tenant account is the first super administrator by default, and has full authorization in Lark Admin. This role can be transferred to other users. The founder can add other users as super administrators. Only the company founder can disband the company. The founder is a special super administrator.
- •Super administrators: All super administrators are authorized to add other users as super administrators or administrators.
- •Scope of management permissions: An administrator has partial authorization for management, and the specific scope depends on the permissions granted by the super administrator. For example, some administrators can only manage company information, some can only manage company apps, and so on.
With the help of permission groups, you can grant permissions to members according to their roles. For more information, see Use permissions group.
For example, you can grant HR specialists member and department management permission, so they can manage employee onboardings and offboardings, all-staff or departments groups, and other affairs.
Similarly, you can grant Administrative specialists meeting room and all-staff calendar management permission, so they can well allocate meeting room resources, add public events for all members such as pay days, reimbursement deadlines and all-staff activity days.
Furthermore, you can grant IT specialists Workplace, security policy and administrator log permissions, so they can add apps for the company and fine-tune Lark's security policies.
We’ve also prepared functional personnel's guides to Lark Admin to help them quickly get started.
Finally, you can grant Information managers super administrator permission, so they can view and export data reports, and manage data generated by employees while using Lark.
🎬 Video: Initialization guide
💕 Learn more