Note: This feature will be available soon. Stay tuned!
Tasks displays tasks that task owners are required to complete. When you @mention task owners on the task list of a document and grant them permission to edit, they can follow up with those tasks on their Tasks panel. This keeps important tasks from various documents organized and prevents tasks owners from forgetting.
Click Tasks on the upper-right corner of a document or Docs homepage to open the Tasks panel.
The Tasks panel will display the specific content of the task, and the task document of which it belonged. By clicking the task document, you will be directed straight to the designated task.
Once the task is completed, check the box before To-be-completed, and the task will be moved to the Completed list.
Assign a task
In the + toolbar on the left side of a document, select the To-do list and enter a specific task.
- 1.@mention yourself or someone else as the task owner.
- 2.Insert a deadline (optional).
Note: Only when the task owner has permission to edit the document, the task will be included in the owner’s Tasks.
Q: What kind of task will be added to my Tasks?
- •Regardless of who owns the document, if you're @mentioned on a task, and you have permission to edit that task document, the task will be added to your Tasks.
- •When you're the document owner, the tasks that aren't assigned to others using the @mention function will be included in your own Tasks.
Q: How are tasks sorted in the Tasks?
- •To-be-completed tasks are sorted by deadline time. Tasks without a deadline are sorted by creation time.
- •Completed tasks are sorted by completion time.
Q: Can Sheets and MindNotes tasks be included in the Tasks?
A: No. Currently this feature isn't available.
Q: Why some of my tasks aren't included in the Tasks?
A: To prevent interference with historical data, only tasks created after January 10, 2020 will be included in the Tasks. You can edit historical tasks so it can be reactivated and included into the Tasks.