Administrators can set meeting rooms as suspended when a room has a fault, is under special circumstances, or is requisitioned as scheduled (for closed development or team meetings). Details such as time period, reasons, and contact person must be specified. Administrators can also select to send a room suspension notification to members who've reserved this meeting room.
Suspended rooms shall appear as Inactive. Members won't be able to book the room during the time it's suspended, and those who've booked the room will be notified.
- 1.Suspend rooms in Admin
Administrators may suspend rooms individually or in batches.
Method 1: Suspend a single meeting room
- 1.Disable button: In , click Meeting Rooms in the left navigation bar. Find the meeting room to configure, click the ⋮ icon to the right of the meeting room name, and select Inactive to enter the inactive settings page.
- 2.Options drop-down list: Locate the meeting room you wish to suspend, click the ⋮ icon to the right of the meeting room name, and select Edit. Under Status, click Disable meeting room.
- 3.Meeting rooms page: Click on the meeting room name to view room information, then click Edit > Disable meeting room.
- 4.Meeting room details page: Select the meeting room and click View details, then set the room as inactive under Meeting room status.
Method 2: Suspend meeting rooms in batches
To disable multiple meeting rooms at the same time, the administrator can select the rooms as required, and click Disable.
Note: As different meeting rooms may have different schedules and statuses, if multiple rooms are disabled, the current schedules and statuses of all meeting rooms will be modified. Please exercise caution when using the batch function.
- 2.Suspending time period, reason, and contacts
On the Plan settings page, select the Start date and End date of the inactive period.
- •The start date is set as the current time by default. If the default setting is kept, the inactive period will take effect immediately.
- •If it isn't necessary to start the inactive period immediately, administrators can enter estimated start and end dates to plan inactive periods in advance, ensuring rooms are fully utilized.
- •To disable rooms permanently, administrators can select Disable permanently as the End date.
Enter details in Reason to notify members of the reason for disabling a room, and the information will be displayed in Notification preview on the right in real time.
Enter the relevant contact person in Contacts, such as IT or administrative person in charge, so that members can inquire about the disabled room.
After disabling rooms, administrators can choose to send notifications to members who've reserved these rooms, so they can adjust their schedules. If the option isn't selected, members won't receive notifications of disabled rooms.
Note: To send notifications, you have to enter corresponding contacts in settings.
Once the action is successful
Disabled meeting rooms will appear as Inactive under Status. Meeting rooms that have been disabled in advance will have a II icon next to its Normal status. Administrators can hover over the icon to view the inactive period.
Meeting rooms will remain inactive during the period set by the administrator. Members won't be able to book it during the time it's suspended, and those who've booked the room will be notified.
Modify or delete inactive schedule
Meeting rooms that are currently shown as Normal under Status, but are scheduled to be disabled:
- •Administrators can set up a single meeting room to modify its inactive period in the Options drop-down list, meeting rooms page, and meeting room details page, or delete the inactive period for this room.
Meeting rooms that are currently disabled:
- •The administrator can set up a single meeting room to modify the inactive period in the Options drop-down list, meeting rooms page, and meeting room details page, or enable the room immediately.
- •To enable multiple meeting rooms, the administrator can select the disabled rooms, and click Enable to set their status as active at the same time.
Can I check the inactive periods of meeting rooms on Calendar?
Yes. Members can go to Add rooms > All rooms and search by meeting room name. The room will appear as Not available and the inactive period will be shown.
Alternatively, they can go to Find room, subscribe to this room's calendar, and check for its inactive period.
After the inactive period takes effect, what conditions may make a reservation unsuccessful?
If a reservation falls within the new inactive period, the reservation will be unsuccessful and the member who's made a reservation will receive a reservation cancellation notice.
In addition, if a member changes the start/end time or makes a duplicate reservation, with the new reservation time falling within the new inactive period, the system will notify that the room isn't available for reservations. If these changes are kept, the reservation will be unsuccessful.