Add, edit, and delete meeting rooms
In , administrators can add meeting rooms in buildings located in different cities, regions, and countries, and set meeting room information. When a meeting room is no longer available, administrators can delete it from the system.
Method 1: Add a room by using the Add meeting room button
If you only need to add a small number of rooms, go to > Rooms and click Add meeting room.
- •In the Add meeting room window, enter the Room Name, Capacity, Country/Region, and other information.
- •The default meeting room status is Normal. To inactivate a meeting room, click Inactive in the Status area.
- •In the Devices bar, select the devices in the meeting room or select Add Device Type to add a custom device type.
- •In the Notes field, you can enter additional information about the meeting room. Then, click Confirm to add the meeting room.
- •If the room is added for the first time, you'll be prompted to add the building and floor information. Click + Add building or + Add floor and enter the building name and floor number to add the room.
- •You can customize the country/region and city fields of a room. When you select Country/Region or City, click + Add country/region or + Add city to add the information.
- •If a room is in Normal status, employees can add an event to the room in Calendar and Reserve this room. If the room is inactive, employees won't be able to view, search for, or reserve the room for the period in which it's inactive.
Method 2: Batch import rooms by using a template
If an administrator needs to add a large number of rooms, click Import/Update > Click to download template. Then, add the information for the rooms to add to the template.
After entering the relevant information, click Import/Update > Batch Import > Select File to batch import the meeting rooms.
Administrators can modify the room information to reflect changes to the room name, capacity, and devices.
Method 1: Edit a single meeting room
Use the edit shortcut
Click ⋮ to the right of the meeting room and select Edit to redirect to the room editing page, where you can edit the basic room information.
Administrators can quickly view room information by clicking the name of a room in the meeting room list. Then, click Edit at the bottom of the interface to edit basic meeting room information.
Edit information on the details page
To edit a wider range of meeting room information, find the meeting room, click the ⋮ icon to the right of the meeting room name, and select View details to go to the meeting room details page.
Administrators can also click the name of the room in the meeting room list to go to the information page. Then, click View details at the top of the interface to go to the details page.
In addition to the basic info, the details page also shows the following information:
- •Location: The country/region, city, building, and floor of the meeting room.
- •Time zone: The time zone of the meeting room. If an administrator activates reservation time restrictions for the meeting room, the reservation scope will automatically use this time zone.
- •Picture, notes, and device info: Administrators can upload pictures of the meeting room, add notes, and set device info labels. If the default device types aren't sufficient, administrators can add custom device types. After the meeting room information is configured, members can view this information when creating events and adding meeting rooms.
Method 2: Batch edit rooms by using a template
If an administrator needs to modify the information of many rooms, click Import/ Update > Batch Update to batch update room resources by using a template.
After the action is successful
After a meeting room is set and is in Normal status, members can view its capacity, devices, reservation rules, pictures, and other information when creating events and reserving meeting rooms. If the meeting room is available for the desired time, members can reserve it for an event. If the meeting room is inactive, members can view the inactive time of the room, but can't view, search, or reserve the room during this time.
Delete a room
When a room is no longer in use, administrators can select the room, and click Delete at the top.
Alternatively, administrators can click ⋮ on the right side of the room name and select Delete.