Note: Please update your Lark app to Version 4.1 or later.
OTP is a dynamic one-time password. Once enabled, you can use it to complete authentication when your phone or email can't receive the verification code, or if you feel your phone or email security is insufficient. The OTP is a key function that provides additional security for your account.
- 2.Follow the prompts to download the identity verification app, and scan the QR code or enter verification information to set the app.
- 3.Once connected, click Next and enter the 6-digit OTP generated by your connected identity verification app.
- 4.If the OTP is entered correctly, the OTP function will be enabled.
- 1.When logging in and conducting mobile number verification, click Log in with OTP.
- 2.Open your connected identity verification app to view your OTP, then enter it in the input boxes on Lark.
- 3.If the OTP is entered correctly, you'll log in to your Lark account.
- 2.In the pop-up window, click Disable. Open your connected identity verification app to view your OTP, then enter it in the input boxes on Lark.
- 3.If the OTP is entered correctly, the OTP function will be disabled.
Why can't I find the OTP option in the Lark Account Security Center?
To use the OTP function, you first have to enable two-step verification. If two-step verification isn't enabled, you won't be able to see the OTP option. To learn more, visit Use two-step verification.