When viewing Lark documents, chats, or emails on your iPad, you can open content in different windows. To multitask, you can use the iPad's split-screen and slide-over views to open multiple windows at the same time.
I. Benefits of using multiple windows
Greater efficiency: While in a chat, you can open a relevant document in a new window to the right or left of the chat window. Then, you can refer to the document while continuing to chat.
Immersive experience: You can quickly switch a chat or document window to full-screen mode to give it your full attention.
Easy flexibility: You can open new windows, switch between views, and show or hide chats and documents with easy and intuitive operations.
II. Open a new window
There are 3 ways to open a document, chat, or email in a new window:
- 1.Click the Open in New Window icon in the upper-left corner of the chat or document.
- 2.Long press and drag the desired content to one side of the screen.
- 3.Long-press or right-click the desired content and select Open in New Window from the menu that appears.
- 1.Switch to split screen
- a.Split view: Open a document, chat, or email in a new window to automatically enter the split view.
- •Drag the divider to the left or the right to adjust the sizes of the windows.
- •Swipe down from the top of the app window to switch from split view to slide-over mode.
- •Drag the divider so that one window completely covers the other to exit split view.
Slide over: You can drag an app open in slide-over mode off the screen when you don't need it, and drag it back when you do.
- •Simply place your finger on the top of the window and slide it to the right to remove it from the screen.
- •To display the window again, tap the right side of the screen.
Manage existing windows
- a.Swipe up on the Lark interface to call up the shortcut bar. Then, tap the Lark icon to view all open windows.
- b.Long-press on the main screen or the Lark icon on the shortcut bar. In the menu that appears, click Show All Windows to view all open windows.
- a.Click the x icon in the upper-left corner of a window to close it.
- b.You can also swipe to close windows on the iPad's app switcher.
Why doesn't my iPad have the multi-window feature?
- 1.Check your iPad's system version. The multi-window feature is available on iOS 13 and later versions.
- 2.Make sure the multitasking feature is enabled on your iPad.
Multitasking is enabled by default. To enable or disable multitasking, go to Settings > General > Homescreen and Dock > Manage Multitasking and enable or disable Allow Multiple Apps.
- 1.Make sure you have installed the latest version of Lark.