The Date field allows you to conveniently add dates in your preferred format to a Bitable. Set the start and end dates of a task, record members' birthdays and explore many more options with Bitable.
Create a Date field
Grid view and Gantt view: Click on a column header. Under Field type, select Date.
Kanban view and Gallery view: Click on a card to expand it. At the bottom of the page, click Add field, and select Date under Field type.
Set date format
Double click on the header of a Date field, and select your preferred date format.
Set due time reminder
- 1.Double-click a cell under a Date-type column, and switch on Reminder for this date.
- 2.Click the Reminder drop-down menu to select when you would like to receive the notification. Set the time of the event under Reminder.
- 3.Click Edit to the right of Person to select the members to receive the reminder, and click Confirm. To remove a member from the reminder list, click Edit > X icon next to the name of the member you wish to remove.
Send reminders to members in a Person-type field
Note: This feature is only available if there exists a Person field in the table.
- 1.Create a Person field: Click on the + icon to the right of the table to add a new column, double-click the column header and set the field type as Person.
- 2.Set reminders: Click on the Date-type cell you want to set reminders for, switch on Reminder. On the right of Person, click Edit, select Notify person by field, and select your target Person-type field from the Select a Person field drop-down menu.
Who can I send reminders to?
You can send reminders to any of your contacts.
How can I create a Person-type column?
To insert a column to the right of the existing table, click on the + icon to the right. To insert a column in the middle of a table, right-click on the column you want to insert the column next to, and select Insert left or Insert right.
To set the field type of a column, double-click on the column header. Under Field type, select Person.
Can I set reminders in fields other than date fields?
No. You can only set due time reminders in date fields.