Multiple grouping functions allow you to arrange data by desired combinations to achieve efficient data management. Also, you can use filtering conditions to only see the data you need.
Set groups and multi-level groups
- •Set grouping conditions to arrange data as you need: Click Group in the toolbar and set any field as a grouping condition. Data will be automatically categorized accordingly.
- •Add grouping conditions to manage data as you like: Once you set Level 1 grouping conditions, you can continue to add more grouping conditions to refine data grouping.
Adjust grouping levels and cancel grouping
- •Adjust grouping levels: Drag a grouping condition, and the data will be re-grouped and presented in order based on the post-adjustment conditions.
- •Cancel grouping: Click X on the right side of a grouping condition, and the condition will be deleted. The table will then group and present the data in order based on the post-deletion conditions. If all grouping conditions are deleted, the table will restore its initial view.
Save as new view
Click Group > Save as new view in the bottom left of the panel, and name the view. Then the current grouping status will be saved on the left menu bar.
Set filtering conditions
- •Click Filter > Add condition in the toolbar and select any field, and search for an option as a filtering condition. Then Bitable will automatically display data that matches the condition. You can add more filtering conditions to narrow down your search and precisely locate target data.
- •Meanwhile, when two or more filtering conditions have been set, you can select to display the results that match all conditions or any of the conditions.
Save as new view
- •Once filtering conditions have been set, click Save as new view and the current filtering results will be automatically saved as a new view to facilitate users' revisits and centralized management.
Skillful use of grouping and filtering
Discover how to use a single Bitable for entire cross-departmental projects, coordinating several team members, assigning multiple roles and responsibilities, and effectively tracking progress.
- •Kicking off a project: By setting filtering conditions, team members can stay focused on the tasks they're responsible for. Each member can also save filtering results as a new view to tailor the Bitable to their own needs.
Note: Updates made on a new view Bitable will be synced to all other views in real time.
- •Ongoing projects: The project manager can set groups in the Gantt view to keep track of the overall project progress, and follow up on the completion of items of different priorities through multi-level grouping to find and solve problems in time.
- •Projects approaching completion: The project manager can immediately identify delayed tasks and their respective owners by setting filtering and grouping conditions at the same time. This can also help them promptly identify potential delays, find solutions, and deliver projects on time.
Will grouping results in the current view be synced to other views?
No. The grouping status is displayed in the current view only.
Will grouping conditions be cleared after I refresh, or exit and then re-enter a bitable?
No. The last grouping action will be saved in the history.
Can I set multiple search options when I use the filtering feature?
Yes, you can.