I. About Bitable
Bitable is a next-generation database platform featuring integrated online collaboration and customized business management. Bitable has been under development since 2018. Its first closed beta was launched in 2019.
Unlike spreadsheets, Bitable is a three-dimensional information system, allowing you to efficiently manage your projects. Below are some highlights of Bitable.
- 1.Standardized data inputs
In Bitable, a row is called a record, and a column is called a field. You can set format for each field to standardize data inputs. Bitable provides many field type options to meet your needs: multiline text, single option, multiple options, date, formula and many more.
You can create different views of Bitable to display the same data source. There're currently 4 view options: Grid view, Kanban view, Gantt view and Gallery view. Members across departments can switch views to query the data based on their needs.
- 1.Grid view: Add and organize various types of data to lay a solid foundation for information management. Here, you can filter, group and sort data. To add a field, simply click the + icon in the upper-right corner of the table and then set the field title and field type.
- 2.Kanban view: You can organize and sort data into groups based on labels. Click on the Group by drop-down list in the top-right corner to set the grouping condition. The figure below illustrates how kanban view groups data based on status.
- 3.Gantt view: Visualize projects' timelines in a Gantt chart for better planning and management. Change of plans? Simply drag and move the timelines to change the dates, and the updates will be instantly synchronized across all views. You can also set milestones in Gantt view to highlight important stages of a project.
- 4.Gallery view: Highlight the images, videos or other files in the attachment field for a more intuitive view.
Bitable saves you the trouble of learning complex business management systems. Its intuitive design makes it very user-friendly and easy to use.
- 1.Drag to update: Drag the timeline bar in Gantt view to update the progress and schedule of a project. You can also drag a kanban card to another column to change the label.
- 2.Customize tag colors: You can customize the content and color of each tag for both multiple options and single option fields to make your Bitable more visually appealing.
- 3.One-click collaboration: Enter @ followed by a name to @mention a member. The member will be instantly notified.
- 4.Quick insights into linked tables: Set the field types as Link and link tables to gain a glimpse of the key content through cross-table references without the need to switch tables.
- 4.Integrated collaboration
Use Bitable to collaborate with your teammates and make changes to the spreadsheet simultaneously. You can also adjust the permission settings to ensure information safety.
What is a field and what is a record?
In Bitable, a row is called a record, and a column is called a field. The data format of each field is defined to ensure standard and orderly inputs of data. Bitable provides a rich set of field types to meet your needs for inserting various information.
You can add different field types based on your project needs and set the data types of different columns to: multiline, single choice, multiple choice, member, date, attachment, number, checkbox, formula, and more.
What is a view?
A view refers to the way information is displayed. Each time you add a new view in Bitable, you create a new form of presentation for the data. Edits made in one view will be synced across all views.
How can I quickly get started with Bitable?
We have provided many templates covering a wide range of industries and functions for your reference.