Go to the Tasks page or Messenger interface to create tasks and set their content, alert time, due time, and notes. You can assign tasks to yourself or others. In a chat, you can convert one or multiple messages into a task. Once you create a task, you can view it on the Tasks page and return to the original chat to view its context.
- 1.Create a task on the Tasks page
Click the Tasks icon on the sidebar to go to the Tasks page. On desktop, click Add task at the top of the page. On mobile, tap the + icon in the lower-right corner to open the task editing page.
On the task editing page, configure the task settings:
- •Task content: Describe the task. We recommend giving a brief one-sentence overview.
- •Task notes: Enter any task information in the notes field.
- •Assignees: Add members as assignees for the task or assign the task to yourself.
- •Due time: Click Today, Tomorrow, or Other to set the due time of the task. By default, the task is due at 6 PM on the date selected. To modify, select a different time in the time editing page.
- •Follower: You can add members who want to keep up with the task progress as followers. They'll be notified when the task is completed.
After configuring settings, click Create to create the task and display it on the Tasks page.
- 2.Create a task in a chat
In a private or group chat, click the + icon in the lower-right corner and select Tasks to go to the task editing page. Enter the task content, assignees, due time, and other information. Then click Create to create the task. Once the task is created, it'll be automatically sent to the chat.
- 3.Convert a message into a task
In a private or group chat, convert messages that discuss something that must be done into a task.
- •To convert a single message into a task, click the ··· icon next to the message and select Task.
- •To convert multiple messages into a task, select them and click Create Task at the bottom.
After creating the task, you can set the task notes, assignees, and due time on the task editing page and click Create. After the task is created, you can choose whether to send it to the chat.
You can also view this task on the Tasks page. Here, you can click the View in chat source list to open the chat from which the task was created and view more context.
- 4.Convert various types of messages into tasks
You can right click to add various types of messages as tasks, such as rich text, voice, event cards, standard message cards, and votes.
- 5.Create a task in a chat's task list
- •Click the Tasks icon on the right sidebar or go to ··· > Group App > Tasks in the upper-right corner of the chat on mobile to open the task list.
- •Click Add task at the top of the page or tap the + icon in the lower-right corner on mobile.
- 6.Create a task in a topic group
If a topic group receives an assignment, you can click the ··· icon in the upper-right corner of the topic and select Task to create a task from the topic group assignment.
What should I do if I add the wrong member as an assignee?
After the assignee is added, they'll receive a task reminder. If members are assigned a task by mistake, they can inform the task creator or delete themselves from the assignee list, which will trigger an alert for the creator.