Note: This feature is only available to tenant creators, super administrators, and administrators with advanced data protection permission.
This feature is currently in beta, if you'd like to activate this feature, please contact Support or your Customer Success Manager. Also, you need to upgrade to V4.1 or above to use this feature.
In order to ensure data security within the company in all aspects, Lark now is providing a more powerful global watermark function, including customizing global watermark settings and searching for invisible watermarks. Global watermarks include both visible and invisible watermarks. Compared with the old watermark settings, which only have some basic features, the new global watermark settings can comprehensively secure the internal data of the company. Once Global Watermark in Advanced Data Protection is enabled, the entry to old basic watermark settings in Security Strategy will be hidden and watermark features will be synced automatically.
In Lark Admin, administrators can enable Global watermark and customize the display text of watermark. Once set, all images and PDF files exported from Lark desktop/mobile, web version and the cloud will contain visible and invisible watermark. Under the circumstance that the data is leaked and the visible watermark has been erased, administrators can use "search for invisible watermark" feature to find the original information of the image, and investigate the security incident, hence protecting the data security of the company.
Open Lark Admin and click Security > Advanced Data Protection > Watermark Settings.
- 2.Enable Global visible watermark and invisible watermark
- •After entering the page, turn on Global watermark in the upper-right corner.
- •When turned on the Global watermark, you'll see visible watermark and invisible watermark on notification. (The notification shows differences between the two watermarks).
- 3.Customize global watermark display text
- •Watermark is displayed as "Name + Email prefix" by default.
- •Click Edit to customize global watermark.
- •The watermark display text options include: Name, Last 4 digits of phone number, Email prefix, Employee ID, Timestamp, Department name, and User ID.
- •Administrators can set the watermark display text according to demands. Click Save when finished.
Note: If a watermark field is empty, that field will not be displayed.
- 4.Global watermark display
- 5.Search for invisible watermark
Select Search for Invisible Watermark, then you can upload or drag and drop an image here. Once uploaded, you'll be able to view the Invisible watermark analysis result.
Why does the invisible watermark analysis for images with invisible watermark fail?
There may be a few reasons for this:
- •The uploaded image does not contain Lark invisible watermark.
- •The uploaded image does not contain a watermark that belongs to the tenant.
- •The quality of the uploaded image may have been damaged (for example, the image is compressed and forwarded by IM chat tool for many times or the image is compressed through Photoshop), resulting in the failure of the invisible watermark analysis. However, we are continuously improving our invisible watermark technology to lower the likelihood of this occurring.
What is the concept of invisible watermark?
Images can save information. Invisible watermarks are color-matched to an image so that they blend into the image and become invisible. Through analyzing these watermarks, it becomes a useful tool for analyzing the source of security incidents. Lark is dedicated to protecting your data security, and this is one of the features we use to realize that objective.