With one-way links, you can quickly insert records from other grids. You can view the information of the entire row or switch between linked records with just one click. There's no need to switch grids.
Create one-way links
- 1.Click + in the upper-right corner of the grid and set the field type as One-way link.
- 2.Then, click the blue Confirm button to create the one-way link.
You can also right-click an existing field and check Insert left or Insert right in the menu.
Kanban view and Gallery view
In Kanban view and Gallery view, every card represents a row of records. There are two methods to create a new field.
- •Method 1: Click Configure Card on the toolbar, click Add field at the bottom of the menu, and set One-way link as the field type.
- •Method 2: Click to expand the card, click Add field at the bottom, and set One-way link as the field type.
There are two methods to create a new field.
- •Method 1: Click Fields settings on the toolbar and click Add field at the bottom of the menu.
- ◦Right-click the header of the first column and check Insert right.
- •At this time the field is created, but hidden by default. Click Field settings on the toolbar and find the newly-created field (the multiline field created by default), then click the Eye icon on the right to view it.
- •Double-click the column header, and change the field type to One-way link.
Add and cancel one-way links
- •Add one-way link: Double-click a cell, and check all the records that require a one-way link. The primary column content (first column content) of all linked records is shown in the cell.
Method 1: Double-click the cell, uncheck the record in the pop-up window, and click Confirm in the lower-right corner.
Method 2: Click the cell, click the X button on the right side of the linked record to remove the linked item.
Note: Delete linked items within a cell will not affect its original data.
Edit one-way linked tables
Double-click the field's column header. In the Link to drop-down menu, check other tables.
How to redirect to the one-way linked table?
There are three methods to redirect to the one-way linked table:
To use this function, your mobile app shall be upgraded to version 4.7 or above.
To use one-way links, simply tap a record on the mobile app to view the information of the entire row. There's no need to switch grids. You can also edit, add, change, and cancel linked records in the one-way link field.
View the contents of one-way links
In grid view, you can view the contents of one-way linked fields with two methods:
- 1.Swipe left or right on the sheet to find the one-way linked field. Then, tap the record you want to view.
- 2.In the record card that pops up, tap the record in the one-way linked field to view its full information.
- •Method 2: Tap the record you want to view, and swipe down on the record card to find the one-way linked field. Then, tap the linked record to view it.
Kanban view and Gallery view
In Kanban view and Gallery view, every card represents a row of records. Tap the card and swipe down to find the one-way linked field. Then, tap the linked record to view it.
- 1.Swipe left or right in Gantt view to find the progress bar you want to view.
- 2.Tap the progress bar and swipe down on the record card to find the one-way linked field. Then, tap the linked record to view it.
Edit one-way links
Choose one-way links
- 1.Tap the record you want to edit. Then, find the one-way linked field in the record card that pops up.
- 2.Tap the + button below the field. In the panel that expands, check or uncheck the records to add, change, or cancel the one-way links.
- 3.Once you've completed the editing, tap and hold the top of the panel and slide it down to close it.
Search and add one-way links
- •Tap the record you want to edit. Then, find the one-way linked field in the record card that pops up. Tap the + button below the field. In the panel that pops up, enter the keywords for the field you'd like to search for. Then, check the record you want to add in the search results.
- •You can also create a new record to link. The new record will appear in the grid linked.
- 1.In the search bar at the top of the panel, enter the content for the record you'd like to create.
- 2.Below the search bar, tap + Create record. The newly created record will be automatically checked and linked.
Note: You can only add new link records if the first column of the linked grid is a text field, and you have edit permission for the linked grid.
Cancel one-way links
Aside from unchecking records in the linked records panel, you can also tap and hold on the one-way linked field you'd like to delete and tap Delete to cancel the link.
Why can't I add multiple one-way records simultaneously?
It may happen if you haven't enabled the Add multiple records option under one-way link settings on the web version. You can use the web version to check the Add multiple records option on the one-way link editing panel. If you haven't enabled Add multiple records, you can only replace the original records with the records you've checked when you add one-way link records on the mobile app.