This document shows how to migrate emails between different domain names. For example, if the domain name "a.com" is already enabled in ail, and the emails of the domain name "b.com" needs to be migrated to the member/public mailboxes corresponding to the domain name "a.com".
II. Steps (administrator)
- 1.Create a new migration task
Select Mail > Email Migration in the Admin, and click Set Up New Migration in the upper-right corner.
- 2.Select target domain name
Select the domain name to move the emails to, then click Next.
- 3.Configure source email parameters
Enter the parameters of the email accounts to be migrated. For example, if the source "b.com" domain name emails use Tencent Email, then the Tencent Email-related parameters should be entered here.
- 4.Verify source email account
Enter an email account and password that are normally used in the "b.com" domain, then click Next to verify.
- 5.Select the scope of migration
Select the members and public mailboxes to be migrated from "b.com" to "a.com", then click Next.
The migration process currently does not support broad-scope migration, so the members and public mailboxes that need to be migrated must be specified during this step.
After completing the steps above, the email migration process will begin. Click View Migration Status to see the migration progress for all members.
II. Steps (member)
- 2.Enter the source email account and password, then click Start Migration.
- 3.If verification fails, follow the instructions on the right and adjust the settings, then try Start Migration again.