Note:The following content is applicable to Docs Secure+ permission system. You're still using Permission 1.0 if newly created Docs don't have the Secure+ label or you have Shared Space in Docs homepage.
After upgrading to Secure+, you can add shortcuts to Docs or files in multiple folders to facilitate quick access to source Docs or files from various locations.
Note: Shortcuts don't change the storage location of Docs.
Completed project files can only be stored to this project folder and can't be moved. You can add a shortcut to the file in the new project folder so you can quickly access the file without the hassle of searching through the original folder.
Note: Collaborators of the new project folder must have the file's view, edit, and full access permissions to view or edit the document. Otherwise, collaborators won't be able to access the file.
Add Docs shortcuts to a folder
- 1.Enter a folder and click Add in the upper-right corner.
- 2.In the document window, select the document or file to add or locate the content to add by entering the file name in the search box.
- 3.Click Add in the lower-right corner of the window. A shortcut for this document or file will be added. Please note that Shortcut has a black arrow in the lower-left corner of the document icon.
Perform actions on the Docs interface
- 1.Open a document and click the storage location button below its name, then click Add shortcut.
- 2.In the window, select the folder to add it to and click Add shortcut in the lower-right corner.
- 3.The system will display a prompt that the shortcut has been successfully added.
Perform actions in the Docs list
- 1.In the Docs list of folders on the Docs home, My Space, and Shared with me, click the ... icon to the right of this document.
- 2.Select Add shortcut in the drop-down menu.
- 3.In the window, select the folder to add the shortcut to and click Add shortcut in the lower-right corner.
Why can't I add shortcuts to certain Docs in designated folders?
This can occur if the document or the folder's permission levels don't match. At present, the system only supports the addition of shortcuts to Docs in folders with Secure+.
What's the difference between adding shortcuts and moving Docs?
Add shortcut (Black arrow in the lower-left corner of a document icon):
Adds a shortcut to a specific document to other folders. This won't change the storage location of the document, nor will it change any collaborator permissions.
Move Docs or folders:
Moves the document itself to a different folder, meaning its storage location will also be changed. Collaborator permissions of the new folder will also be automatically applied.
Note: Collaborators of the new project folder must have the file's view, edit, and full access permissions to view or edit the document. Otherwise, they won't be able to access the file.
Note: The shared folder's collaborator permissions will be automatically applied to the moved document. For example, collaborators who can view the shared folder can also read this document.