Wiki is a content management system for companies. Wiki increases an enterprise's collection of information and knowledge, and improves communication and sharing efficiency through co-creation and collaborative brainstorming. It also reduces the impacts of member mobility, and the knowledge transfer costs of internal documentation.
Workspace is the basic component of Wiki and represents the different categories of knowledge systems established in the company. It comprises multiple document pages grouped by hierarchy level and ownership structure.Company members can also use the workspace to empower their personal developments by using the platform to record personal notes, summaries, and reviews of their development paths.
Company super administrator
Company super administrator is the Wiki administrator by default, who can add workspaces and also assign other users as Wiki administrators, and configure who can create a workspace.
The Wiki administrator can add workspaces, and can also assign other users as Wiki administrators if the Allow management of other administrators permission is enabled.
- 1.Go to the admin console and click Settings > Administrator Permissions, select the Administrator page and click Add Administrator. Then, select users who need administrative privileges.
- 2.In Permission Configuration, find Wiki under Function Management, select permissions to assign, and then click Confirm.
Note: Only super administrators can configure whether Only Wiki administrators or company members can create a workspace.
It refers to the administrator of a particular workspace. The creator of a workspace is also the administrator by default, and another administrator may also be assigned.
- 1.Go to a workspace and click the Settings button on the left side of the space to go to the Workspace Settings page.
- 2.In Member Management on the Workspace Settings page, click Add Member and select the member you want to set as an administrator.
- 3.In the Authorization page, select Admin in the drop-down menu on the right of the member, and then click Send.
Create a workspace
- •Method 1: Go to the Docs homepage and click Wiki in the left navigation bar, click Add > Add Wiki in the upper-right corner of the wiki homepage, then enter the name and introduction of a workspace.
- •Method 2: Enter a workspace, click + on the upper-right corner, and click Add Wiki, then enter the name and introduction for the new Wiki.
Go to a workspace and click Settings on the left side of the space to go to the Workspace Settings page.
Note: Only the workspace administrator for that space can access the settings interface. Members of newly created workspaces will have permission to edit all pages by default.
Name, introduction, and cover
The name, introduction, and cover of a workspace can be edited under Basic Information of Workspace Settings. Click Save Settings after editing.
- •We recommend naming the workspace after the department or business to make it self-explanatory and easier to search.
- •You can add a brief description of the workspace in the introduction field, such as a description of its intended readers and users.
- •You can select a preset image as the cover for the workspace, or you can upload an image as the cover.
In Member Management on the Workspace Settings page, you can add or delete workspace members or modify their roles. Click Add member and search for a company member to add the member to the workspace.
Note: If you need to add all the members of one or more departments, add the group of the desired department or team. To add a group, make sure you're a member of the group, and you're recommended to confirm whether all the group members meet your expectations.
- •You can click Admin or Member in the drop-down menu on the right side of a member to switch the member's role between Admin and Member to remove the member.
Note: You're recommended to set two administrators at least, one as the business owner and the other as the daily operation administrator of the workspace.
Configure permission settings
You can manage all the page permissions in Permissions and Security on the Workspace Settings page. The setting options include the following:
Note: The top-level page of a workspace is the first level page of a page tree. As shown in the figure below, the company's profile is the top-level page, and the product introduction and data statistics are second-level pages.
The workspace administrator can view all deleted documents and restore them from the Trash of a workspace.
Can I use the Wiki function in the personal edition?
Currently, Wiki requires enterprise edition capabilities. Its sharing features don't work well in the personal edition. Therefore, we don't provide a Wiki entry in the left-side navigation bar of the personal edition. If you wish to use Wiki without the sharing features, you can simply go to the Wiki homepage address: https://www.larksuite.com/wiki/
How can Super administrators allow everyone to create a workspace?
Super administrators can go to Admin console > Security > User Permissions > File Permissions to modify the configurations and allow members of the company to create a workspace.