When someone mentions you, comments on your document, or replies to one of your comments, you can receive notifications in Current notifications. You can also view and click notifications to quickly jump to their location in the Doc. This enables you to efficiently deal with messages when replying to a comment that is relevant to you.
Note: Messages that you have read in Current notifications will still have unread status on the App messages page.
Click the Current notifications icon in the upper-right corner of the Docs page to open the notifications panel for the current Doc.
- •The number of unread notifications for the current Doc will be displayed on the icon.
- •Click the Current notifications button to open the panel. A red dot will be displayed to the left of unread notifications.
Clear the mark
- •When notification content, such as mentions and comments, appears in the Current notifications panel and within the visible region of the Doc, the unread mark will disappear.
- •You can also click the All marked as read button in the upper-right corner of the Current notifications panel to clear the unread mark with one click.
- •All notifications in the Current notifications panel will display the specific content of the notification. Click the notification to be redirected to its location in the current Doc. The relevant content will be highlighted.
Note: If you close the Current notifications panel and open it again, the notifications will temporarily remain in the same position as they were the last time you checked them.
- •If the text associated with a notification is deleted, or a comment is resolved, clicking the notification will not redirect you to its position in the document. At this time, a prompt will appear above the document to inform you of the notification's status.
Note: If a resolved comment is reopened, you can once again click its notification to be redirected to it.
Tap the Current notifications button in the upper-right corner of the Docs page to open the Current notifications panel.
- •When the current Doc contains unread notifications, the App messages page will show the number of unread notifications in the current Doc.
- •Tap the Doc. The Notifications panel will automatically pop up and show the newest unread notifications.
Jump to a notification
- •Every notification in the Notifications panel will display the specific content of the notification. Tap the notification to be redirected to its position in the Doc. The relevant content will be highlighted.
- •When the text associated with a notification is deleted, or a comment is resolved, you will not be redirected to its position in the Doc by tapping the notification. At this time, the system will display a prompt informing you of the notification's status.
Note: If a resolved comment is re-opened, tapping its notification will redirect you to its relevant position once more.
Where can I view Doc notifications?
You can simultaneously receive notifications via Current notifications, Docs Assistant, and App messages. In Current notifications, you can only see notifications for when someone @mentions you, writes a comment to you, or replies to one of your comments in the current Doc; in Docs Assistant and App messages, you can view all Doc notifications.
What is the difference between Current notifications and Docs Assistant messages?
In Current notifications, you can instantly view all notifications related to the Doc's content: for example, when someone mentions you or replies to one of your comments. In Docs Assistant, you can see all notifications related to the all Docs. In addition to your @mentions, comments written to you, and replies to your comments, you can also receive notifications for likes in Docs, requests for Docs permissions, changes in Docs permissions, and edits to subscriptions Docs.
Note: Current notifications can't notify you of resolved comments. Current notifications can't currently display notifications for emoji replies on the mobile app.
What kind of notifications can be included in Current notifications?
- •Regardless of the Doc owner, everyone who has the permission to view the Doc can see all notifications for their @mentions and replies to their comments in Current notifications.
- •If you have permission to edit a Doc, when someone comments on your edited content, a notification for this will appear in your Current notifications.
- •When you are the Doc owner, all notifications for the Doc will appear in your Current notifications.
Are Current notifications supported in Sheets, Bitable, and MindNotes?