- 1.Generate a CalDAV password on the desktop app
Click your profile photo and go to Settings > Calendar and select CalDAV Sync > Android Phone. Then, click Generate to generate a CalDAV password.
- 2.Add a CalDAV account and enable sync
- a.Download and install DAVx5
- ◦Download the app and select Continue Installation during installation. You don't have to go to the Huawei AppGallery. If the Continue Installation button is gray, you must disable Pure mode in the phone settings.
- To disable pure mode, go to Settings > System & updates > Pure mode.
- ◦Background protection settings: To ensure your calendar is promptly synced, go to Settings > Apps & services > App launch, disable automatic management for DAVx5, and turn on the three switches.
Set information and enable sync
- ◦Open the DAVx5 app and grant system calendar access permission.
Unless you have other requirements, you only need to grant calendar access permission. To protect the security of your information, don't grant any unnecessary permissions (such as access to your contacts).
- ◦Tap + in the lower-right corner to add an account and select Login with URL and Username.
- ◦In the root address field, enter caldav..c. For the username and password, enter the username and password generated for the Android phone selected in the desktop app.
- ◦After adding the account, tap it and select CALDAV from among CARDAV, CALDAV, and WEBCAL.
- ◦Select the calendars to synchronize and then tap the orange ♺ button in the lower-right corner. The page will then prompt Syncing.
- ◦After the calendar is synced, you will be able to view events from Calendar on your system calendar.
How can I adjust the auto sync interval?
By default, the DAVx5 automatically syncs your calendar every 240 minutes. To change the sync interval, go to Settings in your DAVx5 account and tap Calendars sync. interval.
How can I stop syncing my Calendar?
Go to the DAVx5 app and deselect the calendars you want to stop syncing. Then, tap the orange ♺ button in the lower-right corner. After you remove a calendar, you won't see any subsequent events from it, even for calendar events that were previously synced. If you want to stop syncing all calendars, you can simply delete your account.