The anonymity function has 2 modes: Anonymous and Nickname. Members can use anonymous identities in posts and interactions. The anonymity function makes it easier for members to share their thoughts and opinions. They can focus on the topic without worrying about how they're viewed or having their motivations questioned.
This function allows you to create a community atmosphere conducive to efficient communication, where members can speak frankly about problems they encounter. At the same time, administrators can set the scope and quota for anonymous posts to prevent members from overusing this function.
- 1.Use the anonymity function (for members)
- •Members can use the Real name or Anonymous/Nickname identities within the scope (such as categories) set by the administrator to post moments, comments, or emoji responses.
- •Moments posted using real names must be replied to by users using their real names. Anonymous replies aren't permitted.
- •When using a nickname identity for the first time, you can choose a suitable nickname from the identity library. This nickname can't be changed for a year.
- •Members can't @mention other members in anonymously posted moments.
- •When a member uses an emoji response on a post made anonymously or under a nickname, their profile photo won't be shown. The notification received by the post owner will only display the anonymous or nickname identity of this member.
- •When anonymous or nickname posts reach the quotas set by the administrator, members can only use their real names in all interactions.
- 2.Use and manage the anonymity function (for Moments administrators)
In Admin, administrators can click Function Management > Moments > Circles Management > Anonymity settings to enable and manage the anonymity function.
- •Status: Administrators can choose whether to allow anonymous posts. If anonymity is disabled, previous anonymous posts will remain anonymous.
- •Enable for: Administrators can enable anonymity for all categories or selected categories.
- •Anonymity mode selection: Administrators can select Nickname or Anonymous mode. Switching modes won't change how the author names of previous posts and comments are displayed.
- •Anonymity allowance: Administrators can set the quota of anonymous posts to Unlimited, 3 times every 60 days, or 3 times every 30 days. Both posts and comments count toward this quota.
What are differences between Anonymous and Nickname?
In Anonymous mode, the anonymous statuses of members are different under different posts. In Nickname mode, members' nicknames stay the same for a whole year. Only administrators can switch between these modes in Admin. Members can't choose Anonymous mode or Nickname mode.
Will the anonymity quota be reset after administrators have changed it?
No. The anonymity quota is calculated on a rolling basis. For example, administrators can set the number of anonymous posts to Unlimited or 3 times every 30 days. Posts made by members before this is adjusted will still be counted. If a member has already made 3 anonymous posts, they'll only be able to post under real name.
Can administrators customize the anonymity quota?
Yes. They can contact support to increase the quota.
Can members customize their nicknames on Moments?
No. To prevent the nickname function being overused, members can't customize their nicknames.