There are 2 types of Subscriptions accounts: Broadcasters and Subscriptions.
- •Broadcasters: Can be used by companies and organizations to send out important notifications. These messages will be pushed directly to user's Lark message list, so users can receive and check these messages more easily.
- •Subscriptions: Can be used by organizations and individuals to publish and share content. Messages will be pushed to the Subscriptions app, and users can view the content by clicking on them in the app.
To learn more, visit
I. Create an account
- 1.Go to Subscriptions > Admin console homepage, then click New account to go to the account creation page (If you have permissions to create multiple types of accounts, you will also need to select the account type).
Note: The New account button will only be accessible to users with creation permissions.
- 2.Fill in the account information following the requirements, including:
- •Profile photo, name and intro:Click the icon on the right to add a new language. Currently, Chinese, English, and Japanese are supported.
- •Account types and subjects: Choose your account type according to your needs, and select or enter the account subject.
- ◦Broadcasters: There are 2 account types - Enterprise and Department.
- ▪Enterprise can be used by organizations to share important information such as news and company policies with employees.
- ▪Department can be used by departments to push important notifications such as emergency guides and safety warnings to employees.
- ◦Subscriptions: Accounts can be divided into three types - Department, Individual, and Other.
- ▪Department: Can be used by departments to publish announcements and push content to employees within the department, such as for Corporate university and Office admin.
- ▪Individual: Can be used by individuals to share personal experience and knowledge.
- ▪Other: Can be used by other organizations to post content, such as for clubs and societies.
- •Follow settings: Default-follow must be turned on for Broadcaster accounts. For Subscription accounts, you can choose to turn on or off the default-follow feature only when Department is selected for Account type.
- ◦Set a default-follow range: You can set the default-follow range of the account to All members or Specified members. You can also batch import a follower list.
- ◦Users are not allowed to unfollow: If this option is turned on, default-followers won't be able to unfollow the account.
- •Approval to send content: Approval to send content must be turned on for Broadcaster accounts. For Subscription accounts, approval to send content is optional. When turned on, content can only be sent after being approved by a specified member (or select anyone assigned, then only one approver needs to approve).
Finally, click Submit for review. The account will be created after the account reviewer reviews and approves the request.
II. Modify account information
After an account is approved, you can go to Account Management Admin > Account Settings to modify the basic information and management settings of the account.
- •Basic information: it includes the name, intro, owner, following settings, and approval to send content. (Modifications made by the account administrator must be re-approved, while the app administrator can make modifications directly.)
- •Management settings: You can add an administrator to co-manage the current account. Modifications to the management settings can be made directly without approval.
- •Account sharing: Users can get an account link or QR code to share an account.
III. Set a custom menu
The custom menu is displayed at the bottom of the account homepage to help subscribers conveniently access the specified content.
You can go to Account Management Admin > Custom Menu to turn on the Custom menu switch at the top. Then click Create first-level menu or Create second-level menu at the bottom of the left view pane, and configure the menu name and content on the right side.
- •Set menu name: Enter the menu name. You can also click the icon on the right side to configure multiple languages. Currently, Chinese, English, and Japanese languages are available.
- •Set menu content: 3 forms are available. You can set the menu item to redirect users to a specified article under an account or to another link, or redirect to another Lark app (such as Lark Help Desk).
Note: You can set 3 first-level menus at a time, with each first-level menu containing up to 5 second-level menus.
Why isn't there a New account button in the admin console of the Subscriptions?
The New account button will only be accessible to users with creation permissions. Creation permissions for Subscription accounts are managed by the app administrator. If necessary, please contact your company's Subscriptions app administrator for more information.
For more details 👉 .