attendance supports recording attendance by taking photos. Once the feature is enabled, employees must take photos to clock in/out. All photos taken will be automatically watermarked with clock in/out time, location, and employee information. The feature helps organizations further verify their employee's clock in/out environment. For example, employees can take photos to record the offsite work environment they've visited and use face recognition to verify their office environment.
1. Go to the settings page
Go to > Group Settings page, and click Add attendance group or Edit an existing attendance group.
Note: To configure the settings for multiple attendance groups, click Bulk Set > select the attendance groups > click Bulk Set again to start setting.
2. Enable Attendance by taking photos
Under Attendance Settings, select Attendance by taking photos to enable the feature.
3. Employee clocks in/out by taking photos
A camera icon will appear on the employee's clock in/out button. Once employees tap the clock in/out button, they will have to take a photo, then use the photo to clock in/out.
All photos taken will be automatically watermarked with clock in/out time, location, and employee information.
Once the attendance has been recorded, employees can view the watermarked photo in their attendance records. Administrators can also view photos in the original records from Attendance Admin.
III. Special Notes
- 1.For special circumstances such as late arrival, early leave, etc., employees can explain their circumstances in the notes after they've tapped the clock in/out button and taken photos.
- 2.If administrators have enabled Offsite attendance and checked Allow employees to hide the detailed address, and if employees need to hide the watermarked address on their photos, they should first tap Allow employees to hide the detailed address, then take a photo. (If Allow employees to hide the detailed address isn't selected before a photo is taken, the photo will be watermarked with the address by default).
- 3.If administrators have enabled Face recognition attendance, once employees have tapped the clock in/out button, they must pass face recognition verification before they can take a photo and record their attendance.
- 4.If administrators have enabled Face recognition and enabled Take photos when face recognition fails, after employees have tapped the clock in/out button, they must first go through face recognition, and then take a photo if face recognition fails. Afterward, employees must take a photo again to record their attendance (the Attendance app will only display the photo taken for recording attendance, and the photo taken when face recognition fails will not be displayed. However, administrators can view both photos in Attendance Admin).