Must-know Lark Skills
- without the endless back-and-forth
- smarter process, easier steps
- jump to the meeting group, video meeting or meeting notes
- share project progress and milestones
- stay on top of relevant timelines and schedules
Set calendar time zones - for overseas travel and international communication
Note: Click on the hypertexts below to learn detailed steps of using the feature.
1. Create and edit events
Create an event and invite guests
When creating an event, you can flexibly set the event details including title, time, location, frequency, and you can directly search and select team members or chat groups to invite them to join the event.
You can directly attach project materials, contracts, presentations, and all relevant documents to an event. Files attached to an event can be viewed and downloaded by attendees on their PC or cell phone —— a good way to get prepared and stay organized.
Find and book meeting rooms
Team administrators can for the team in Admin. After the configuration is done, team members can quickly check and book available meeting rooms when creating an event, and start a chat with other meeting organizers if needed with one click.
You can send an invitation to the event guests while saving the event. Guests who receive the invitation can quickly reply with Yes, No, or Maybe, and you can see their replies in the event details.
2. Customize Calendar settings
Set working hours
You can set your personal working hours, such as 9 am to 6 pm. After the setting, other members will be reminded that you maybe not available if they try to invite you to a meeting outside your working hours.
Set Calendar time zone
When you are traveling abroad or you need to collaborate with teams across time zones, you can adjust your Calendar time zone and add additional time zones to check the local time in different regions conveniently.
Set event reminder
You can set event reminder time flexibly, e.g., 5 or 10 minutes before the event, so you can get prepared in advance.
Set Calendar and event permissions
You can flexibly set your calendar or an individual event to private, public, or show only free/busy, and it will display event details accordingly.
3. Organize meetings efficiently
When you need to schedule a meeting with your team, you can directly check members' availability in the group chat calendar where you can view each member's free/busy status, and quickly pick a meeting time that works for everyone. You can also send an event invitation to the group with one click to confirm the meeting time without all the back-and-forth.
One-click shortcuts on an event card
When you click on an event in Calendar, a card will pop up to show event details, which we call it an event card. There are three buttons on each event card for you to:
- •：a meeting group is a group created specifically for an event and once created all the event guests will be added to the group automatically.
- •：click to start video meeting with event attendees right away.
- •：click to open a pre-formatted Lark Doc for meeting notes and all event guests can co-edit it.
4. Use different types of calendar
Team administrators can create an All-staff Calendar in Admin for the team and all the event details in the calendar are visible to the whole team, which is convenient for sharing public schedules like holidays, public seminars, etc.
A public calendar is a calendar that can be searched and subscribed by all team members. Subscribers can view all the event details in the calendar. Any member can create a public calendar to share schedule and project progress with other members.
Meeting room calendar
A meeting room calendar displays the availability of the meeting room, which is convenient for meeting organizers to check and make arrangements in advance.
You can learn about teammates' schedules, project progress and milestones, and meeting room availability by subscribing to the related calendars.
- •Subscribe to a teammate's calendar: convenient for you to check their availability and find a time to chat or meet.
- •Subscribe to a public calendar：e.g., a project calendar, to stay on top of the timelines and progress.
- •Subscribe to a meeting room calendar: check the room availability more conveniently
5. Sync with other calendars
You can integrate and synchronize your Lark Calendar with other calendars to save the trouble of switching and not to miss scheduled events.
- •Sync with Exchange Calendar