Reply to a message that has already been sent to the chat and clearly connect your thoughts and feedback to a specific message or file. You can encourage open discussions without being distracted by other messages and organize conversations.
1. Reply to a specific message
Hover over the message or file you want to reply to and click the Reply icon. Edit the reply and click Enter to send the message.
Press hold the message or file you want to reply to and click the Reply icon. Edit the reply and click Enter to send the message.
2. Edit your reply later
If you have to exit edit temporarily, your edits will be saved for later:
- •Click the in the top left corner of the reply window to cancel the reply.
- •If edits have been made but not sent, theyll be saved.
- •On the desktop app, if a message has an unsent draft reply, there will be a red dot on the Reply icon of the message.
3. View reply content
- •When using the reply function in a group chat, replying to someone's message will automatically trigger an @-mention of the sender.
- • If someone replies to a message, the number of replies will appear under that message.
- •Click # replies beneath the original message, or click | Reply at the top left corner of the message to open the chat thread. In the thread you can view all replies in chronological order.