When any group member wants to make an announcement to the whole group, this feature will certainly be useful. The Announcement feature supports collaborative editing by multiple people, avoiding overlapping edits.
Note: Edits to group announcement will be saved in real time, and group members can also view real-time edits.
- 1.Set editing and posting permissions for announcements
All group members can, by default, post announcements using the Announcement feature in . The group owner can go to Settings > Group settings, and enable Only group owner can edit group info to only allow the group owner to edit group announcements and have access to group member notifications.
- 1.Click the Announcement icon in the group chat side bar to enter the editing page.
- 2.Hover over the beginning of a row in a blank space or edited content, and a + or = icon will appear. Click either to select the desired format in the expanded page below.
- 1.Enter the Group settings page, and in Group applications click Announcement.
- 2.You can select the editing format by tapping the function keys above your keyboard.
In the upper right corner of the editing page, click Send to group, and all group members will receive the announcement.
- 4.Announcement version history
In the upper right corner of the announcement editing page, click the Version history icon to access it. On desktop, you can use Version history to restore previous announcements. Click Restore this version to restore a specific version.
Note: It isn't possible to restore announcement historical versions on mobile.