While screen sharing, you can now request or give remote control, share computer audio, and annotate on the shared screen. These features can help you communicate easily and effectively in a call or meeting.
Note: The minimum version required for the features described in this article is V3.22.
- •Request or give remote control: You can request control of another participant's screen, or give control of your screen to another participant.
- •Share computer audio: You can share your computer audio while you're sharing your entire screen, a specific window, or an application.
- •Annotate on the shared screen: You can easily make annotations on the shared screen.
- •Share your screen on mobile: You can now share the screen of your mobile device anytime, anywhere.
1. Share your screen
During a call or meeting, you can click the Share icon to share your entire screen or a specific window.
Note: Hosts can set sharing permissions. There are currently three levels of sharing permissions: Only the host can share content, Only the host can start sharing when someone else is sharing, and Only the presenter can annotate.
Click the Share icon on the control bar, and choose whether to share your entire screen or a specific window.
Tap the Share icon on the control bar, and select Share screen.
2. Request or give remote control of the shared screen
You can request remote control from the host or participant who is sharing his or her screen.
- 1.While viewing another person's shared screen, click the More icon on the control bar, and select Request remote control.
- 2.The person sharing will receive a notification asking if he or she wants to approve your request to control his or her screen.
- 3.You'll be notified when your request is approved. Click anywhere inside the shared screen to start taking control.
- 4.To stop the session, click the More icon on the control bar and select Stop control.
You can give remote control to another participant when you share your screen.
- 1.While screen sharing, click Remote control on the control bar, and select the participant you want to give keyboard and mouse control to.
- 2.To stop the session, click Remote control on the control bar and click Stop control.
3. How can I share computer audio during screen sharing?
- •When you initiate screen sharing, your computer audio is shared by default.
- •To stop sharing audio, click Share New and deselect the Share computer audio option on the sharing options screen.
4. Annotate on the shared screen
- •Meeting participants can annotate on the shared screen. The available annotation tools may differ based on the statuses of participants, but you will always be able to draw and highlight content. These annotations are visible to all viewers.
- •For a video meeting, you can set Only the presenter can annotate to only allow annotations by hosts, co-hosts, and presenters. This prevents accidental annotations by other participants.
While screen sharing, click Annotate on the control bar. On the annotation toolbar that appears, choose the tool that you want to use. To close the annotation toolbar, click the close icon on the right.
While viewing another participant's shared screen, click the Annotate icon on the control bar. On the annotation toolbar that appears, choose the annotation tool that you want to use.
Here's a list of the annotation tools that you can use:
- •Mouse (default): Turn your cursor into the default mouse pointer.
- •Laser: Turn your cursor into a laser pointer. Only the person sharing can use this tool.
- •Draw: The following tools are available if you want to draw on the shared screen:
- •Color: Pick a color to use when you're drawing on the shared screen. The following colors are available:
- •Undo: Undo your latest annotation.
- •Clear: Delete the annotations. There are three options:
Note: The person sharing can use all three options mentioned above. Hosts and co-hosts can clear all annotations or only their own annotations. Other users can only clear their own annotations. Clear actions take effect immediately.
While viewing another participant's shared screen, click the More icon on the control bar and select Annotate. On the annotation toolbar that appears, choose the annotation tool that you want to use.
The annotation tools that are available include pen, highlighter, and arrow. The colors that are available include red (default), yellow, green, blue, and purple.
5. Annotation restrictions
The annotation feature is not supported when screen sharing is initiated in smooth mode from a mobile device or computer.